Dušan Stoiljković (investor)
In 2009, he was nominated as one of Europe's "Top 5 Angels", and in 2013, he was awarded the "Business Angel of the Year in Europe" by EBAN  after having three positive exits in a single week, something which was previously unheard of.
At the end of 2010, he founded True Global Ventures and is its single largest shareholder. True Global Ventures is an investment vehicle investing in serial entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, New York, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Stockholm, Paris and Berlin.
At the start of 2013, he set up True Global Ventures 2, an investment vehicle consisting of almost exclusively serial entrepreneurs investing exclusively in serial entrepreneurs based in New York, Silicon Valley, Beijing, Singapore, Hong Kong, Berlin and Stockholm within Fintech (including payments) and Digital Media.
Dušan’s investing style can sometimes be viewed as controversial, since it demands each partner to be active instead of being “passive investors”. He only accepts investors who have done an exit themselves as entrepreneurs and have done at least two angel investments. Most partners have done about 20 investments. As opposed to the traditional VC model, he believes that 32 partners focused on a couple of investments per year is of better help for ambitious entrepreneurs and ultimately driving high returns.
Dusan has also contributed to a number of different organizations and entrepreneurs through donations. After his three exits in 2012, he donated a portion of his proceeds to save the last Tesla Lab, the Tesla Science Centre on Long Island, New York State. He is also made a smaller donation to the Tesla Statue in Palo Alto. In 2015, after another exit of his portfolio companies, he set aside funds to donate to female entrepreneurs and Tesla-inspired innovators. It has been noted that he is a distant relative to Nikola Tesla himself and is a strong supporter of all things Tesla.
Dušan finished High School at Sigrid Rudebeck Gymnasium, in Göteborg, Sweden and finished an International Business Degree at Gothenburg University and Commercial Law in 1994.
- Rishi Chowdhury (16 December 2014). "Angel of the year shares his secrets on raising investment". YHP. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Innovfest Speaker Profile". Innovfest Unbound. 28 April 2015. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- Josefin Jakobsson (15 May 2015). "Sweden's Heaviest Business Angel". Digital.de. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- Marianne Hudson (16 March 2015). "Three Successful Exits In One Week—How One Angel Did It". Forbes. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- David Drake (24 July 2013). "Business Angel of the Year 2013". NuWire Investor. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- Michelle Kuepper (19 July 2013). "Europe's Business Angel Of The Year Dusan Stojanovic Talks About His Super Angel Fund, Swedish Startup Success and Clones". VentureVillage. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- Jennifer L. Schenker (12 November 2013). "Swedish Super Angel Invests Around The Globe". informilo. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Dusan's support for Tesla Science Centre". Archived from the original on 27 June 2015. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Press Conference Reaffirms Passion And Commitment". Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Meet the backers of the Tesla Statue". Retrieved 23 June 2015.
This article "Dušan Stoiljković (investor)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dušan Stoiljković (investor). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.