East of England Broadband Network
|Private company limited by guarantee|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Hinxworth, Hertfordshire|
Area served 🗺️
|East of England|
Number of employees
The East of England Broadband Network (E2BN) is one of 10 Regional Broadband Consortia (RBCs) set up by the UK Government to help raise standards in teaching and learning by the use of broadband technology.
E2BN's region covers 2822 schools within Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Luton, Milton Keynes, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk and Thurrock.
The provision of 10Gb core broadband infrastructure throughout the region, equipment and services that optimise delivery of E2BN content and activities and allow these to take place in a safe and secure environment.
E2BN offers schools a web filtering service. E2BN's Protex web filtering system received full Becta accreditation in 2007 and 2010/11. It claims to be able to block over 90% of all inappropriate material. E2BN achieved 100% in the Adult, Drugs and Racist categories and 96% in the Hacking and Violence categories.
Protex is based on the open source filtering software DansGuardian with a number of performance and functional enhancements.
The work E2BN carries out with LAs, schools and the other RBCs to develop and provide content and activities to learners and teachers within the region. Some of those resources are also used worldwide.
- Regional Broadband Consortium
- London Grid for Learning
- E2BN Official website East of England Broadband Network
- Protex Accredited web filtering service
- Myths and Legends
- Making the News 2
- Victorian Crime and Punishment
- The Abolition Project
- ICT in the Early Years
- Early Years Maths
- Companies House
- "Staff and Groups - E2BN". Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "What is the NEN? - The National Education Network". Nen.gov.uk. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Janet, E2BN procure network for education and local authorities". The Register. 25 May 2010. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- http://www.computing.co.uk/computing/news/2159960/suffolk-filters-school-web (registration required)
- "Licensing - E2BN Protex". Retrieved 2011-05-20.
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in England is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "East of England Broadband Network" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:East of England Broadband Network. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.