Edwin Perez (singer)
|Born||June 17, 1975|
New York, New York, US
|Genres||salsa, salsa dura, son cubano, Afro-Cuban jazz|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, bandleader, composer, producer|
|Labels||Salsa Dura Entertainment, Homerun Records, Universal, Handle With Care Productions|
|Associated acts||Orquesta SCC, La Excelencia, Los Calientes del Son|
Edwin Perez leads a 10-piece band - updating a New York style that flourished in the 1970s and 1980s: Salsa Dura, propulsive and danceable with jabbing horns, insistent percussion and socially conscience lyrics." - Jon Pareles, The New York Times.
Life and career
Composer, producer and vocalist Edwin Perez, grew up in Caguas, Puerto Rico and moved to the Bronx, New York City at the age of 18. He began to sing with Cuban bands and small ensembles like that of Enrique Lopez. In 2004, Perez became a founding member, composer and lead singer of a young salsa band led by Jose Vazquez-Cofresi, where his vocals headlined three albums until they disbanded in 2012. In 2013, Perez founded and produced his new salsa dura project Orquesta SCC.
Edwin Perez decided to release his first solo album La Voz del Pueblo under his own label in 2017 and at the start of 2020, Perez released Street Corner Chronicles..
Songwriting and recordings
- "A Mi Estilo" (Orquesta SCC)
- "Basta Ya" (Orquesta SCC)
- "Por Mis Venas Corre Salsa" (Edwin Perez)
- "La Voz del Pueblo" (Edwin Perez)
- "No Puedo Respirar" (Edwin Perez featuring Orquesta SCC)
- "Econolisis" (Edwin Perez)
- "Mi Tierra" (Edwin Perez)
- "La Salsa Que Me Crio" (Edwin Perez)
- La Voz del Pueblo (by Edwin Perez )
- No Puedo Respirar (by Edwin Perez featuring Orquesta SCC )
- Econolisis (by Edwin Perez )
- Street Corner Chronicles (by Edwin Perez )
Film, Broadway, television and radio
- 16 Blocks (March 3, 2006)
- So You Think You Can Dance Canada (season 2) TV Show (CTV Television Network, Week 2, Season 2 (September 1, 2009)
- The Capeman Paul Simon's Broadway play
- La Excelencia at the Barbican TV Concert (BBC Television, 2011)
- ZIN 33 DVD (Zumba Fitness, 2011)
- Los Reyes de la Salsa Dura DVD (Salsa Dura Entertainment, 2014)
- Monday Night Football TV Series (ESPN)
Performing and recording as a sideman
- (Live Performanceg)
Gilberto Pulpo Colon
- (Live Performance)
Other articles of the topics Puerto Rico AND Biography : Angel Mendez, Julio Cesar Badillo, Orlando Fernández, Irene M. Zoppi, Judith Escalona, Steven Ehricks, César Luis González
Other articles of the topic Puerto Rico : New Wrestling Stars, Enrique Romero-Nieves, Irene M. Zoppi, Primary statistical area, Carmen Lozano Dumler, Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2016, Pedro Rodríguez (soldier)
Other articles of the topic Biography : Alexander Hunter, Katherine Kelley, Alex Cheatle, Andre Hinds, Neli Sadovska, Barrie Pitt, Arunita Kanjilal
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of Puerto Ricans
- List of Puerto Rican songwriters
- Cultural diversity in Puerto Rico
- Pareles, Jon (January 16, 2021). "Globalfest Moves Online, Showcasing World Music Without Boundaries" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Edwin Perez| Biography | Singer, Producer, Composer". Edwin Perez.
- Conciencia), Orquesta SCC (Salsa Con. "The Kings of Salsa Dura". Orquesta SCC (Salsa Con Conciencia).
- "La Voz del Pueblo by Edwin Perez (Edwin Perez Music) | Latino Life". www.latinolife.co.uk.
This article "Edwin Perez (singer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Edwin Perez (singer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.