Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|El hijo (The Son)|
|Directed by||Sebastián Schindel|
|Written by||Leonel D'Agostino|
|Based on||'El Hijo' by Guillermo Martínez|
|Music by||Iván Wyszogrod|
|Edited by||Alejandro Parysow|
Search El Hijo on Amazon.
The Son (Spanish: El hijo) is a 2019 Argentine Spanish-language psychological thriller film directed by Sebastián Schindel and based on the novel by Guillermo Martínez with the adapted screenplay written by Leonel D’Agostino. The film was released in theaters on May 2, 2019. On July 26, 2019, the film was available to stream on Netflix in various countries.
The film follows the story of an artist and father, who increasingly becomes paranoid at his wife's actions during her pregnancy. As they attempt to navigate through their personal issues, a child birth occurs, pushing the couple towards a path of twisted motives and deadly consequences.
- Joaquín Furriel as Lorenzo Roy
- Martina Gusman as Julieta
- Luciano Cáceres as Renato
- Heidi Toini as Sigrid
- Regina Lamm
The film was released on May 2, 2019. The film was available to stream in various countries outside of China, South Korea, Argentina and Uruguay on July 26, 2019, by Netflix.
The film has received favorable reviews from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 100% based on 7 reviews with a weighted average of 6.75/10. Jonathan Holland from The Hollywood Reporter mentioned in a positive review of the film, "Disturbing in the best sense of the word, though sometimes let down by attention to detail, the pic deserves at the least to be adopted by horror fests." Carlos Aguilar from Los Angeles Times praised the film, stating that it "maintains a determined stance not to show more than needed to keep one guessing, even if the symbolic references it tries to make and the social statements it may be carrying are left inconclusive."
- Hernández, Luis Alberto (July 29, 2018). "Watch the trailer for 'The Son', a promising thriller that is available on Netflix". Cineoculto (in spa). Retrieved July 30, 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Nuestro comentario de "El hijo", con Joaquín Furriel: alumbramiento de lo extraño". VOS (in español). Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "El hijo: el terror inconsciente del espectador" (in español). Perfil. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Son' on Netflix, an Argentinian Thriller that Stokes the Existential Fears of Fatherhood". Decider. Retrieved August 5, 2019.
- Kay, Jeremy (January 28, 2019). "Netflix adds Julio Medem drama, Sebastian Schindel thriller to Netflix Originals slate (exclusive)". Screen Daily. Retrieved July 29, 2019.
- "The Son (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved July 29, 2019.
- Holland, Jonathan (May 29, 2019). "'The Son' ('El Hijo'): Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- Aguilar, Carlos (July 25, 2019). "Review: Argentine psychological thriller 'The Son' probes fears of fatherhood". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 30, 2019.
This article "El Hijo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:El Hijo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.