|Kunni.. Musical Short Cinema|
|Directed by||Nikhil TT|
|Produced by||Raheem Khan & Arun Lal|
|Written by||Nikhil TT|
|Music by||Nikhil Chandran|
|Edited by||Suhail Backer|
Happy Wedding Company & Mandharam Media
|Distributed by||Insane Art|
Search Kunni on Amazon.
Kunni (Malayalam: കുന്നി ) is an Indian Malayalam musical short film released on 21 February 2019. It was directed by Nikhil TT, who also wrote the script. Nikhil Chandran was music director and sang. The lead role was played by Arun Narayanan.
The film begins with a student, Hari, waiting anxiously for his friend, Kunni. When Kunni finally arrives on his bicycle, Hari eagerly asks him how it went. Kunni tries to explain that this time too he was unable to give the chocolate bar to the girl he likes. Hari tries to give Kunni the confidence he needs.
A poor woman's crying baby has been irritating people at a nearby stall. At this juncture the woman approaches the two boys and gives the baby to Kunni, saying she will be right back. Unable to comprehend her Hindi, the boys go into a panic and Hari runs after her, leaving Kunni with the crying baby. Kunni, remembering a lullaby from his childhood, begins to sing to the baby. As he does so, the baby calms down and falls asleep. When the mother returns with milk, all is calm and Kunni returns the child to her. From her few Malayalam words and Hindi, everyone comes to understand that she is an itinerant musician and the baby is actually her sister's who died in an accident. When the next bus arrives, she is helped onto it.
The girl Kunni likes witnessed the scene and she expresses her approval. Instead of giving her the chocolate, Kunni decides to give it to the woman with the baby, and the two friends walk away.
- Arun Narayanan as Kunni
- Athira Nikathil as Folk Girl
- Hari Krishnan as Hari
- Baby Ayaan as Folk Kid
- Baby Adhithi as Kunni Kid
- Francis as Francis Uncle
- Varghese as Varghese chettan
- Yamuna as Priya
- Nikhil Mathew as Priya's friend
- Aswathy Libas as Priya's Friend
|Nikhil Chandran chronology|
All music composed by Nikhil Chandran.
|1.||"Kanmashi Kannalledi"||Nikhils||Nikhil Chandran||04:43|
- "നൊമ്പരപ്പെടുത്തുന്ന, വാത്സല്യമുണര്ത്തുന്ന 'കുന്നി'; കടുംകാപ്പി ടീം വീണ്ടും". www.asianetnews.com. Retrieved 2019-03-01.
- "കൺ നിറയാതെ കാണാനാകില്ല; ചില 'കുഞ്ഞു' ജീവിതങ്ങൾ ഇങ്ങനെയാണ്". www.manoramaonline.com. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "യുട്യൂബില് രണ്ടരലക്ഷം കടന്ന് കുന്നി". www.twentyfournews.com. 2019-03-02. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "'കടുംകാപ്പി'യോളം മധുരിക്കും 'കുന്നി';ലക്ഷം വ്യൂവേഴ്സും കടന്ന് വീഡിയോ ആൽബം". www.deshabhimani.com. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "'കടുംകാപ്പി' ടീമിന്റെ 'കുന്നി' പാട്ട്'". malayalam.samayam.com. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
This article "Kunni" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kunni. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.