Bangladesh Policy Forum Cambridge
|File:Bangladesh Policy Forum Cambridge Logo.png|
Research and policy organization
|Headquarters||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
Bangladesh Policy Forum Cambridge is a non-profit, non-government organization based in Cambridge whose mission is to produce and promote ideas which would contribute toward a more transparent governance in Bangladesh, complemented by rapid economic development and social progression.
It is formed by Cambridge-based Bangladeshi students, academics and practitioners, who are from the University of Cambridge. Its founding President is Mahdi Amin, a researcher based at Cambridge Judge Business School.
Formation and activities
Though the forum was originally formed by researchers and alumni from different disciplines of the University of Cambridge, Bangladesh Policy Forum Cambridge declares itself to welcome students, academics and researchers of any nationality and background with a particular interest in the issues related to Bangladesh.
The organization's core activity is to facilitate policy research, analysis and advocacy for communicating knowledge and ideas relating to social, political and economic development of Bangladesh. The primary objective is to converge those ideas and the passion of the involved and interested academics and professionals and provide them with platform to discuss and debate those ideas.
In June 2013, the think-tank published a book on Bangladeshi politician Tarique Rahman named The Political Thought of Tarique Rahman: Empowerment of the Grassroots People. The book was first inaugurated at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom, which was followed by country inaugurations in United States, Australia, Canada and Germany respectively at Columbia University, University of New South Wales, University of Toronto and University of Ulm between August and October 2013.
- University of Cambridge
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Politics of Bangladesh
- Economy of Bangladesh
- About us, Bangladesh Policy Forum Cambridge, 23 March 2013, retrieved 26 March 2013
- "Mahdi Amin — Student Profiles — PhD — Programmes". Cambridge Judge Business School. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Welcome to the Forum, Bangladesh Policy Forum Cambridge, 23 March 2013, retrieved 26 March 2013
- তারেক রহমানের রাজনৈতিক কার্যক্রম নিয়ে ইংরেজী ভাষায় বই প্রকাশিত, BNB News UK, 26 March 2013, retrieved 26 March 2013
- Book on Tarique launched, New Age, 28 June 2013, retrieved 2 July 2013
- Book on Tarique's political visions launched, Daily Sun, 27 June 2013, retrieved 2 July 2013
- কলাম্বিয়া ইউনিভার্সিটিতে ‘পলিটিক্যাল থট অব তারেক রহমান’ বইয়ের প্রকাশনা উৎসব, Daily Manabzamin, 20 August 2013, retrieved 20 August 2013
- অস্ট্রেলিয়ায় বইয়ের প্রকাশনা উত্সব, Daily Amar Desh, 10 September 2013, retrieved 22 October 2013
- টরন্টোয় ‘দ্য পলিটিক্যাল থট অব তারেক রহমান’ বইয়ের মোড়ক উন্মোচন - See more at: http://thebengalitimes.com/details.php?pub_no=192&menu_id=2&val=8012#sthash.Vqr3dCD1.dpuf, The Bengali Times, 20 October 2013, retrieved 20 October 2013 External link in
- ২১ অক্টোবর বার্লিনে "দি পলিটিক্যাল থট অফ তারেক রহমান" গ্রন্থের প্রকাশনা উৎসব, BanglaPost24, 21 October 2013, retrieved 21 October 2013
This article "Bangladesh Policy Forum Cambridge" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.