Esportz Entertainment Corporation
|Founded 📆||February 7, 2019|
|Founders 👔||Mark Thimmig|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Esportz Entertainment Corporation was founded February 7, 2019 by CEO Mark Thimmig, and is based in Irvine, California. The corporation runs Esportz Network, a subscription and ad-based network which provides coverage of esports events on streaming services, social media, and mobile applications. As of October 2019, Esportz Network had over 50 independent reporters. The network covers professional and amateur tournaments for games such as Dota 2, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Super Smash Bros.
In September, 2019 Reuters announced that it was partnering with Esportz Network to provide esports coverage to subscribers of Reuters Connect. Esportz Entertainment also became a regular feature on Reuters' "Keeping Score" podcast, which covers sports business.
In addition to providing coverage of esporting events, Esportz Entertainment produces other esports related content such as merchandise and apparel. Esportz Entertainment partnered with Athleta-Ed to collaborate on a training and education program targeted at both traditional and esports athletes.
In October, 2019 Esportz Entertainment announced plans to build a new broadcast studio in Orange County, California. The new studio has been named the "Southern California Esports Broadcast Center" and would produce both live and pre-recorded content, broadcast through services such as Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer.
- LeHane, Scott. "The Esportz Network Building New SoCal Broadcast Center". vrnation.tv. Retrieved 2019-12-03. Unknown parameter
- Miller, George (2019-10-09). "Esports Has a New State-Of-The-Art Broadcast Home…The Esportz Network". European Gaming Industry News. Retrieved 2019-12-03.
- Corp, Esportz Entertainment. "All Esports, All the Time: Esportz Entertainment Corp. Creates A New Level of Engagement for All Things Esports to Meet A Growing Global Demand for Quality Esports Content". Retrieved 2019-12-03. Unknown parameter
- "Esportz Network Building New California Broadcast Center - Gameindustry.com". Game Industry News. 2019-10-17. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- "Reuters and Esportz Network team up on esports coverage". Reuters. 2019-09-25. Retrieved 2019-12-03.
- "Esportz Entertainment Corp. Partners with Athleta-Ed to Provide Its Proprietary Media Training Instruction and Curriculum | Markets Insider". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-12-03. Unknown parameter
- Courtney, Ian. "Esportz Entertainment To Launch New Broadcast Studio In Orange County". celebrityaccess.com. Retrieved 2019-12-03. Unknown parameter
- "Esportz Entertainment Eyes Esports Production, Content - socaltech.com". www.socaltech.com. Retrieved 2019-12-03.
- "10/10/19: Call of Duty League opens for business". Cynopsis Media. 2019-10-10. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
This article "Esportz Entertainment Corporation" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Esportz Entertainment Corporation. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.