Ezra D. Whitaker
Ezra Douglas Whitaker
|11th Mayor of North Adams, Massachusetts|
|Preceded by||John W. Gale|
|Succeeded by||Harvey A. Gallup|
|Member of the |
1905 – 1913
|Born||December 11, 1874|
North Adams, Massachusetts
|Died||October 24, 1936|
|Spouse(s)||Josephine Coenen, m 1900.|
|Children||Josephine D. Whitaker|
|Residence||15 Perry Street, North Adams, Massachusetts (1902)|
|Alma mater||Yale University, A.B.,|
Class of 1898.
Ezra Douglas Whitaker (December 11, 1874 – October 24, 1936) was an American bank executive and politician who served as the eleventh Mayor of North Adams, Massachusetts.
Early business career
After he graduated from Yale, Whitaker went to work for the North Adams Savings Bank, additionally, soon after his graduation he was the Treasurer, and a Director of, the Hoosac Valley Street Railway.
- Marquis, Albert Nelson (1916), Who's Who in New England, 2nd Ed., Chicago, Illinois: A. N. Marquis & Company, p. 1140.
- Wright, Henry B. (July 1902), Triennial Record of the Class of 1898. Yale College., New Haven, Connecticut: Yale College, Class of 1898., p. 86.
- New York Times (October 26, 1936), "EZRA D. WHITAKER; Bank Executive a Former Mayor of North Adams, Mass.", The New York Times, New York, New York, p. 17, Section: BOOKS.
- Special to The New York Times (June 13, 1937), "MISS WHITAKER A BRIDE; Daughter of North Adams's Late Mayor Wed to Hans Meissner", The New York Times, New York City, p. 2, Section: SOCIETY NEWS, FASHIONS, SHOPPERS' PAGE, GARDEN NEWS.
- Wright, Henry B. (July 1902), Triennial Record of the Class of 1898. Yale College., New Haven, Connecticut: Yale College, Class of 1898., p. 87.
- Wright, Henry B. (July 1902), Triennial Record of the Class of 1898. Yale College., New Haven, Connecticut: Yale College, Class of 1898., pp. 86–87.
John W. Gale
| 11th Mayor of North Adams, Massachusetts
Harvey A. Gallup
|This article about a mayor in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Ezra D. Whitaker" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ezra D. Whitaker. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.