Fabio Gaetano Santeramo (born 1983) is an Italian economist and researcher. Coordinator of the international Summer School on Econometrics in Agriculture at the University of Foggia. He is co-editor of the journal Bio-Based Applied Economics, main journal of the AIEAA. Listed as top 25% Economist in Italy (IDEAS). He is a national expert on crop insurance issues
Fabio Gaetano Santeramo
May 31, 1983
|Institution||University of Foggia, Italy|
|Alma mater||Iowa State University (M.Sc.)|
North Carolina State University (Ph.D.)
|Barry K. Goodwin|
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Education[edit | edit source]
Fabio G. Santeramo received his Bachelor degrees in Agricultural Sciences at the University of Bari (Italy). He has completed his Master of Science in Economics at Iowa State University (USA), and his doctorate in Agricultural Economics at the University of Naples “Federico II” (Italy). In 2016 he has earned a Ph.D. in Economics from North Carolina State University (USA), under the supervision of Barry K. Goodwin. His dissertation was titled Three Essays on Applied Aspects of Transaction Costs.
Career[edit | edit source]
Since 2014 Fabio Santeramo serves as Assistant Professor at the University of Foggia. Member of the IATRC since 2017, Fabio Santeramo has taught in Italy, in the Netherlands, and in USA (University of Bari, University of Naples “Federico II”, Iowa State University, North Carolina State University, Wageningen University & Research); he has served as consultant for the CIHEAM, the FAO, the ICCT, the EU Commission , the IATRC, and the IFPRI; he has authored more than fifty peer-reviewed articles, and is coauthoring with more than thirty colleagues from France, Germany, Italy, Pakistan, Spain, Turkey, and the USA. Fabio Santeramo has been awarded twice the Best Article by a Young Researcher by the AIEAA (2016 and 2018). His research has been published in top field journals such as European Review of Agricultural Economics, Journal of Agricultural Economics, and Agricultural Economics.
Studies[edit | edit source]
Awards[edit | edit source]
His dissertation has been awarded the Best Italian PhD Dissertation by SIDEA and AISSA. In 2016 and in 2018 he has been awarded the Best Article by a Young Researcher by the AIEAA. Since 2018, he has been awarded the National Scientific Habilitation for Full Professor.
Works[edit | edit source]
- La gestione del rischio in agricoltura. Assicurazioni, credito e strumenti finanziari per lo sviluppo rurale. Edagricole, 2018
- Santeramo, F. G. (2016). Three Essays on Applied Aspects of Transaction Costs.
[edit | edit source]
- "IDEAS - Ranking Italy".
- Santeramo (2018). "Sulle assicurazioni agricole molti incentivi ma le adesioni non decollano". Agrisole - Il Sole 24 Ore.
- Santeramo (2018). "Fondi di mutualità e di stabilizzazione del reddito: l'innovazione resta «sulla carta»". Agrisole - Il Soe 24 Ore.
- "UNIFG Fabio Santeramo".
- "Fabio Santeramo – IATRC". iatrc.umn.edu. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- Study on risk management in EU agriculture. EU Commission. 2018.
- Santeramo (2018). How to enhance the articipation of small scale and non specialised farms in crop insurance schemes?. EU Commission.
- Santeramo (2016). "Sulla pelle degli immigrati: il sommerso in agricoltura". LaVoce.info.
- Santeramo, Goodwin, Adinolfi, Capitanio (2016). "Farmer participation, entry and exit decisions in the Italian crop insurance programme". Journal of Agricultural Economics. 67(3): 639–657.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Dal Bianco, Boatto, Caracciolo, Santeramo (2015). "Tariffs and non-tariff frictions in the world wine trade". European Review of Agricultural Economics. 43(1): 31–57.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Cioffi, Santeramo, Vitale (2011). "The price stabilization effects of the EU entry price scheme for fruit and vegetables". Agricultural Economics. 42(3),.: 405–418.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Santeramo, Di Gioia (2018). La gestione del rischio in agricotura: Assicurazioni, Credito e Strumenti Finanziari per lo Sviluppo Rurale. Edagricole. ISBN 978-88-506-5551-9.
- Santeramo (2016). Three Essays on Applied Aspects of Transaction Costs - NCSU PhD Dissertation (PDF). North Carolina State University.
This article "Fabio Santeramo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Fabio Santeramo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.