Firdaus Kharas (b. 1955) is a Canadian television producer.
In 1978, he moved to Canada.
He created Chocolate Moose Media in 1995 to produce animated public service announcement videos.
The Three Amigos PSA campaign
In 2004, Kharas produced The Three Amigos Campaign which advocated the use of condoms to stop the spread of HIV and AIDS. The PSA was translated into 45 languages, reached 150 countries, and won a Peabody Award.
Of the translations, a University of Ottawa professor explained that “It dares to override cultural differences and address a highly sensitive issue currently affecting all cultures.”
Awards and honors
- Morin, Roc (18 October 2013). "Talking Condoms Make Safe Sex Campaigns Acceptable in Conservative Countries". The Atlantic.
- Three Amigos, one message to the US; stop spread of HIV. "Independent".CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Firdaus Kharas creates animated films with a strong social impact. "Globe and Mail".
- "Three Amigos" win Peabody Award. "Screen Africa".
- The (Globalized) Three Amigos: Translating and Disseminating HIV/AIDS Prevention Discourse. "Von Flotow".
- Infect! Infect! Kill Humans with Malaria. "Macleans".
- Social Media Campaign to take on Domestic Abusers. "Global Issues".
- Clark, Dulcie (2 November 2010). "Firdaus Kharas creates animated films with a strong social impact". The Globe and Mail.
- Butler, Joey (12 June 2014). "Firdaus Kharas: Activism through animation". UM News.
- A New African Supergirl Confronts Ebola. "Huffington Post".
- Ebola Animation Seen By Thousands. "United Methodist Communications".
- Honorary Degree Videos. "Carleton University".
- Chianello, Joanne (10 June 2015). "Carleton honours community builders as convocations begin". The Ottawa Citizen.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Firdaus Kharas.|
This article "Firdaus Kharas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Firdaus Kharas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.