Galerie Zlotowski is an art gallery specializing in modern art and in avant-garde movements of the 20th century. The gallery is located on the Left Bank in Paris, France.
Galerie Zlotowski was founded in 1998 by Michel Zlotowski. His son Yves Zlotowski joined the team as gallery director in 2015. The gallery has become an international reference in the rediscovery of the pictorial work of Le Corbusier, of the German avant-garde artist couple Ella Bergmann-Michel and Robert Michel, and of the Belgian visual artist Stéphane Mandelbaum.
Galerie Zlotowski exhibits works in various media including painting, drawing, sculpture and conceptual art. The plastic arts are especially strong in Cubism and its followers, Purism, and in Abstract art (including geometric abstraction, abstract expressionism, lyrical abstraction), Constructivism (art), Minimalism, and Collage. Artists who are represented or shown by the gallery include, among others:
- Jean Arp
- Willi Baumeister
- Louise Bourgeois
- Ella Bergmann-Michel
- Sérgio de Camargo
- Sonia Delaunay
- Walter Dexel
- Oscar Domínguez
- Jean Dubuffet
- Otto Freundlich
- Albert Gleizes
- Hans Hartung
- Auguste Herbin
- František Kupka
- Roger de la Fresnaye
- Le Corbusier
- Fernand Léger
- Sol LeWitt
- Stéphane Mandelbaum
- Eugene James Martin
- Robert Michel
- László Moholy-Nagy
- Vera Molnár
- François Morellet
- Robert Motherwell
- Amédée Ozenfant
- Serge Poliakoff
- Kurt Schwitters
- Antoni Tàpies
- Joaquín Torres-García
- Léon Arthur Tutundjian
- Georges Valmier
- Georges Vantongerloo
- Victor Vasarely
- Maria Helena Vieira da Silva
- Friedrich Vordemberge-Gildewart
Galerie Zlotowski is well recognized for its commitment to show high quality works of art and the publishing of catalogues written by the most renowned experts. The gallery frequently organizes exhibitions with catalogues dedicated to artists such as Albert Gleizes, Amédée Ozenfant, Kurt Schwitters, Simon Hantaï, Jean Dubuffet, Georges Valmier, Joaquin Torres Garcia, François Morellet, and Ella Bergmann-Michel and Robert Michel. In 2019 the gallery exhibited works by the Belgian artist Stéphane Mandelbaum curated by Bruno Jean, after the artist retrospective held at Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris. Exhibit catalogues include:
- Stephane Mandelbaum, Bruno Jean and Gilles Sebhan, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2019, French & English, 107 pages.
- François Morellet - Correspondances amicales, Serge Lemoine, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, and Galerie Catherine Issert, Saint-Paul-de-Vence, 2017, French & English, 140 pages.
- Joaquín Torres-García - L'esprit de synthèse, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2017
- Kurt Schwitters (1887-1948), Isabel Schulz, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2015, French & English, 62 pages.
- Le Corbusier – Panorama d’une oeuvre, Eric Mouchet, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2015, French, 120 pages.
- Purisme et Esprit Nouveau – Le Corbusier et Ozenfant, Pierre Guénéguan et Eric Mouchet, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2014, French, 159 pages.
- Jean Dubuffet en Papier, Daniel Abadie, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2012, French, 72 pages.
- Le Corbusier (1887-1965) – Dessins–collages-peintures-sculptures, Eric Mouchet, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2010, French, 132 pages.
- Kurt Schwitters (1887-1948), Serge Lemoine, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2008, French, 52 pages.
- Le Corbusier (1887–1965) – l’Oeuvre graphique, Eric Mouchet, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2009, French, 96 pages.
- Georges Valmier: 1885-1937, Alain Barrault et Eric Mouchet, éditions galerie zlotowski, Paris, 2006, French, 68 pages.
The Gallery has often loaned works of art to important international exhibitions. In 2018, it provided major works by Ella Bergmann-Michel and Robert Michel for an extensive retrospective taking place at the Sprengel Museum in Hanover, Germany. Galerie Zlotowski sent works for an overview of Le Corbusier's visual art Università Iuav di Venezia (IUAV)  during the Venice Biennale of Architecture in 2016.. In 2019, the gallery loaned a sculpture by Takis to the Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera in Barcelona, Spain and to the Alicante Museum of Contemporary Art in Alicante, Spain. In 2019, the gallery provided several pieces for a major exhibition on Purism for the 50th anniversary of the National Museum of Western Art in Tokyo, Japan, a building designed by Le Corbusier. The gallery participated in an exhibition dedicated to Le Corbusier's drawings in 2020 in Brussels, Belgium. In 2020 works by Robert Michel and Sophie Taeuber-Arp are on loan to the Louvre Abu Dhabi in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, and the MoMA in New York, New York.
Galerie Zlotowski exhibits regularly at leading international art fairs, notably Foire internationale d'art contemporain (FIAC) (Paris), Art Basel (Basel, Switzerland), TEFAF (Maastricht, Netherlands and New York City, New York), Art Genève (Geneva, Switzerland), Salon du Dessin (Paris), Art Cologne (Cologne, Germany), and BRAFA (Brussels), among others.
- Galerie Zlotowski in Comité professionnel des galeries d’art
- Mr. Merz – Schwitters in Paris, by Matthew Rose, Artblog (3 Nov 2016)
- Exclusif: Robert Michel et Ella Bergmann-Michel en vedettes à Art Basel, by Alexandre Crochet, The Art Newspaper Daily (16 April 2018)
- Stéphane Mandelbaum, by Vincent Delaury, L’Oeil (21 Feb. 2019)
- L´Enigme Mandelbaum, by Raphaël Koenig, Artpress (26 April 2019)
- Ella Bergmann-Michel and Robert Michel A Modernist Artist Couple, Sprengel Museum Hanover (May 2018)
- Sconfinamenti opera di Le Corbusier allo IUAV di Venezia (Nov 2016)
- Le Corbusier at IUAV (2016)
- Le Corbusier and the National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo
- The world of Le Corbusier: collages and drawings, Maruani Mercier Gallery (2019)
This article "Galerie Zlotowski" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Galerie Zlotowski. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.