Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
George Kurian (ncm)
|Vice Chairperson of National Commission for Minorities|
|Assumed office |
29 May 2017
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Born||20 September 1960|
Kottayam, Kerala, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
George Kurian (born 20 September 1960) is a social activist, and advocate. He is currently serving as the Vice Chairperson of National Commission for Minorities, in office since 29 May 2017 under the B.J.P. Government of Narendra Modi.
Early life and education
George Kurian was born in Kanakkary, Kottayam district, Kerala, India, to Joseph Kurian and Annamma Kurian.
George Kurian received his early education from Emmanuel's Higher Secondary School in Kothanalloor, Kottayam District and Government Higher Secondary School in Kanakkary, Kottayam District. He completed his Bachelor of Laws from School of Indian Legal Thought, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala.
George Kurian contested in the Muvattupuzha (Lok Sabha constituency) in 1996 and Puthuppally, Kottayam Assembly constituency in 2016. He visited United States of America in 1997 as a Member of the Indian delegation (Youth Exchange Programme).
- "New minority panel chief, 2 of 4 members belong to BJP". The Indian Express. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "New State BJP office-bearers". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Kerala BJP Leader George Kurian Appointed Vice-Chairperson Of National Commission For Minorities". NDTV. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "Kerala BJP leader George Kurian new vice chairperson of minorities' panel". The Economic Times. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Composition of Commission
- Current Commission
- "Keenly-watched contest in Muvattupuzha". The Hindu. Retrieved 8 April 2004.
- Puthuppally Election Result '2016
This article "George Kurian (ncm)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:George Kurian (ncm). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.