Gone Fishing (Second Person song)
|Single by Second Person|
|from the album Come to Dust (unreleased)|
|Released||Video released 2006, Song currently unreleased|
|Genre||Trip hop, electronica|
|Producer(s)||Mark Maclaine (The Silence), Tony Platt|
"Gone Fishing" is a song by English trip hop band Second Person, which will be on the band's forthcoming album Come to Dust - the follow-up to their debut album Chromatography. Due for release in 2008 the song has a music video created by Katy Davis and has received a number of awards from film festivals around the world. The song and video have been used by Cobra Beer in their recent sponsorship of ITV movies in the UK as well as by MTV in the advertising of their new MTV Flux music channel.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Gone Fishing" was featured in the recommended music section on the front page of Google Video.
- The music video is currently playing on MTV/MTV Flux despite having no record label backing.
- In the middle of the music video there are the words "Bird" written in the clouds, "Fish" written in the sea and there is also a "No Fishing" sign on the rocks just after the main character jumps in the sea.
References[edit | edit source]
- BBC Radio 2 Interview (The Weekender with Matthew Wright - 3rd Nov 2006)
- The Times Newspaper (UK): Knowledge Section (Saturday 26 Nov 2006)
[edit | edit source]
- Official Second Person Website
- Gone Fishing video on Google Video
- Gone Fishing on the MTV Flux website
This article "Gone Fishing (Second Person song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gone Fishing (Second Person song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.