Changankulangara, Oachira, Kerala, India17 May 1972
Gopakumar R is an artist, curator, educator, and the first largest Digital Art Collector from India. He works in different media including Digital Art, Motion Photography, Installation, Drawing, Painting and Print Media.
He works in different media including digital art, motion photography, installation, drawing, painting, and Printmaking. He is influenced by Conceptual art, abstract art, Indian tantrik art, and expressionism. 
Biography[edit | edit source]
He uses art & technology to discuss and expose environmental and social issues of the society. He believes the work of art should change the existing visual, intellectual and aesthetic sense and experiment with finding new visual phenomena.
In 2014 he was selected among the finalists of the Saatchi Gallery in London for the Motion photography category and Google+ for The Motion Photography Prize . The members of the jury were: the director Baz Luhrmann, the artists Shezad Dawood, Tracey Emin, Cindy Sherman and Saatchi Gallery CEO Nigel Hurst.
Bangalore University included his Digital art practice and biography in their Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) Syllabus (Program: B.V.A in Creative Painting, Course Title: New media art and Technology).
Exhibitions[edit | edit source]
- 1991–1995 Raja Ravi Varma College of Fine Arts, Kerala, India.
- 1996 Kerala Lalithakala Akademi, Kerala, India.
- 2000 Bahrain National Museum, Manama, Bahrain.
- 2009 Art Exhibition, ISE Cultural Foundation New York City.
- 2010 2nd Anniversary Exhibit and Contest, MOCA: Museum of Computer Art, Brooklyn New York City.
- 2010 "Nature & Nurture", Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction Art Gallery, United States, as part of the fall exhibition.
- 2011 Graphics Gallery Contemporary Art Manzoni, Turin, Italy.
- 2011 Exhibition on the 150th Anniversary of the Italian Unification – Homage to Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Arte Città Amica, Turin, Italy.
- 2012 Image & Poetry Beausoleil: Gianpiero Actis and friends of the Movement – Municipal Cyberspace Beausoleil, France.
- 2012 Art Meets Lawrence Ferlinghetti's Poetry Exhibition – Arte Città Amica, Turin, Italy.
- 2013 Colours – Peace & Solidarity, Årjängs Bibliotek, Galleri Passagen, Sweden.
- 2013 Art Meets Poetry, sponsored by the City of Turin, Arte Città Amica, Torino, Italia.
- 2014 The Saatchi Gallery, Saatchi Art and Google+ The Motion Photography Prize Exhibition, Saatchi Gallery, London, UK.
- 2014 Tate Britain, UK – Source Spotlight Display – Texture & Collage Exhibition
- 2014 The Power of Art, Tune Bibliotek, Sarpsborg, Norvegia.
- 2014 Critical Juncture, Kochi-Muziris Biennale, Kochi, India (exhibition and residency).
- 2015 Sofia Underground – International Performance Art Festival, Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2015 Vastu – Dialogues on Post-Performance Object, Nanappa Art Gallery, Kochi, Kerala, India
- 2016 Alert Not Alarm – Unpresentable in Presentation, Durbar Hall Art Gallery, Kochi, Kerala, India
- 2016 Art Rise Savannah's GIF Festival, Savannah, Georgia.
- 2019 Objectified 2019 CICA Museum, South Korea.
Publications[edit | edit source]
- Lidia Chiarelli Immagine & Poesia - The Movement in Progress - A Cross-Cultural Communications Edition, Merrick, New York, 2013 ISBN 978-0-89304-994-2
- PK (Pradeep Kr Maheshwari) - Artist Exposed - R.Gopakumar – Gunas Publishing - India, 2010 - ISBN 978-1-4505-5907-2
- NeoPopRealism Starz: 21st Century ART, 1st Volume, Erotica As A High Artistic Aspiration by Nadia Russ, 2010 ISBN 978-1-4415-7085-7
- NeoPopRealism Starz: 21st Century ART, 2nd Volume, Erotica As A High Artistic Aspiration by Nadia Russ, 2010 ISBN 978-1-4500-4995-5
- MOCA: Museum of Computer Art - Second Anniversary Exhibit 2010, Brooklyn, New York by Donarcher 
- International Contemporary Artists - by Olga Antoniadou and Eve Lemonidou 2010 ISBN 978-960-93229-8-0
- The ABC of ARTnership, Vol 2, by MR Pk-Pradeep Kr Maheshwari, Pradeep K. Maheshwari, 2009 ISBN 978-1-4421-9309-3
- Journal of Graphic Engineering and design", Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design, the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Introduction to Digital Art 
- Encyclopedia of Drawing Art and Painting 
- Encyclopedia of Drawing Art 
- Journal of Creative Arts and Minds, Vol. 1, No. 1 – June 2015 
- A Beautiful Question: Finding Nature's Deep Design - Frank Wilczek ISBN 9781594205262 
- The New Aesthetic and Art: Constellations of the Postdigital ISBN 949230208X 
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- , Bangalore University = Bachelor of Visual Arts Syllabus
- , Art Meets Lawrence Ferlinghetti's Poetry Exhibition
- , The Motion Photography Prize Exhibition
- , Critical Juncture, Kochi-Muziris Biennale
- , Vastu – Dialogues on Post-Performance Object – The Hindu News
- , Alert Not Alarm – The New Indian Express