Grail (DC Comics)
Grail from Divergence #1 (June 2015). Art by Jason Fabok.
|First appearance||Justice League (Vol 2) #40|
|Created by||Geoff Johns|
|Place of origin||Themyscira|
Search Grail (DC Comics) on Amazon.
Grail is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics.
Grail first appeared in Justice League (Vol 2) #40 (June 2015) as part of the Darkseid War storyline. She was created by writer Geoff Johns, and intended as a sort of link between the "Old Gods" of DC Comics and the New Gods.
Fictional character biography
Grail is the daughter of Darkseid, prophesied to cause great destruction at the behest of the Anti-God. Her character is portrayed as a sort of opposite number to Wonder Woman, as they were both born at the same time on the island of Themyscira.
Powers and abilities
Grail is a race of powerful beings known as New Gods. Inherited from her father, Grail has a form of the Omega Beams, energy that she fires from her eyes or hands as either a concussive force or a disintegrating energy which is capable of erasing living objects and organisms from existence. These beams stem from a cosmic energy source called the "Omega Effect". The Omega Beams can also resurrect fallen beings previously killed by them, depending on the Dark Lord's will. In addition to this Grail has shown superhuman strength, speed and durability, proficiency in ritual magic as well as various psionic powers such as corrupting Green Lantern Ring wielders use of willpower.
In other media
- Grail appears as a playable character in Lego DC Super Villains, voiced by Vanessa Marshall.
- Welty, Justin. Superfriends for Life: An Analysis of the Relantionship Between the DC Comics "Trinity" in the "New 52" Justice League (Masters thesis). Indianapolis, Indiana: Butler University. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- Cardona, Ian (2017-10-01). "Darkseid's Daughter is Back: Who Is Grail?". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- Ching, Albert (2015-06-08). "Geoff Johns Talks Waging "Darkseid War" in "Justice League," Falling in Love with Mister Miracle". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- Justice League (Vol 2) #40 (June 2015)
- Johnston, Rich (2015-04-15). "Who Is The Daughter Of Darkseid? And Who Is Her Mother?". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- Wonder Woman vol. 6 #31
- Moore, Rose (2018-04-11). "Darkseid's Daughter Becomes Ruler of The Amazons?". Screen Rant. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
- Justice League (Vol 2) #41 (July 2015)
This article "Grail (DC Comics)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Grail (DC Comics). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.