|Founder 👔||Mohan Lakhamraju|
Hari Krishnan Nair
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Mohan Lakhamraju, (CEO)|
|Revenue🤑||₹325 crore (US$45 million) (2020)|
Number of employees
|🌐 Website||Official website|
Great Learning is an education technology company that provides e-Learning, coaching and tutoring. It offers courses in business analytics, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, machine learning and data science. It was founded in 2013 and headquartered in Gurgaon, India. It offers various courses in collaboration with institutions such as Stanford University, MIT, IIT Madras, IIT Bombay, McCombs School of Business and Purdue University.
The company was founded in 2013 by Mohan Lakhamraju, an alumnus of IIT, Bombay and Stanford University. Lakhamraju serves as the vice-chairman of the Great Lakes Institute of Management. It was co-founded by Hari Krishnan Nair.
Great Learning offers courses in business analytics, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, machine learning, cybersecurity and data science. It also launched Great Learning Academy, a platform that offers free online courses to working professionals.
In April 2020, the company launched Great Learning Corporate Academy, a platform which offers learning content to help enterprise upskill their employees. In June 2020, over 500 corporates enrolled with Great Learning Corporate Academy.
In June 2020, it launched Olympus Digital Campus, a subscription-based cloud platform to help universities go online. Through Olympus, the company has delivered 25 million hours of learning for over 1 lakh learners from 80 countries, as reported in June 2020. It offers a postgraduate program in Data Science and Business Analytics, designed in collaboration with the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin.
In November 2019, it was partnered with Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford Center for Professional Development and Purdue University to offer a course on Cyber Security and Design Thinking. The company is into partnership with the McCombs School of Business.
In March 2020, it tied with PES University to launch a master's program in Data Science and Machine Learning. The company is in collaboration with the Indian Institute of Technology Madras to introduce an 'Advanced Certification Program' in Software Engineering for Cloud, Blockchain, and IoT.
Great Learning launched an online programme called Applied Data Science Bootcamp in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Institute of Data, Systems, and Society (MIT IDSS) in August 2020. It partnered with Northwestern University School of Professional Studies to launch the Master of Science in Data Science Programme in September 2020.
Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli joined the Great Learning as its brand ambassador. It released a film ad campaign, titled, 'Power Ahead', featuring Kohli in September 2020. Earlier, in July 2020, the company had launched its digital brand campaign called 'Against All Odds' that narrated career journeys of learners.
Awards and recognition
In March 2020, Great Learning was awarded Best E-Learning Company of the Year at EdTechReview Awards 2020. It was shortlisted in the Bootstrap Champ category for 2020 ET Startup Awards by The Economic Times in August 2020.
- "Great Learning records revenue of Rs 325 crore in FY20". Business Line. June 10, 2020.
- "Great Learning to hire over 300 professionals in 6 months". The Economic Times. ET HR World. August 4, 2020.
- Balachandran, Manu (October 25, 2018). "Mohan Lakhamraju: The accidental academic". Forbes India.
- "Amid COVID-19 crisis, this e-learning company says will hire 300 professionals in 6 months". CNBC TV18. August 4, 2020.
- Balakrishnan, Paran (May 11, 2018). "Turning executive education into a class act". Business Line.
- Patil, Rashmi (December 4, 2019). "India needs trained cyber security professions: Harikrishnan Nair, Co-founder, Great Learning". Indian Express. Edexlive.
- "Over 500 Corporates Come Onboard To Great Learning Corporate Academy". BusinessWorld. June 19, 2020.
- Mathai, Kamini (June 25, 2020). "Great Learning launches Olympus Digital Campus to help universities go online". The Times of India.
- Khetarpal, Sonal (June 30, 2020). "Great Learning to launch online undergraduate programmes in finance, technology". Business Today.
- Jain, Preksha (March 14, 2020). "Careers of the future: How to get certified in Data Science and Business Analytics". The Times of India.
- "Ed-tech firm Great Learning introduces course to meet the demand of cybersecurity experts". Business Line. November 26, 2019.
- "Great Learning Launches Masters' Program In DS And ML In Partnership With PES University". Business World. March 3, 2020.
- Chanda, Papri (Jul 22, 2020). "IIT Madras with Great Learning introduces Advanced Certification Program in Software Engineering". Times Now.
- "Great Learning offers data science bootcamp run by MIT faculty". Business Line, BLOnCampus. August 19, 2020.
- "Great Learning teams up with Northwestern to offer MS in data science". Business Line. September 1, 2020.
- "Virat Kohli roped in as Brand Ambassador by EdTech major Great Learning". CNBC TV18. September 14, 2020.
- "Great Learning launches Ad Campaign starring Virat Kohli during IPL 2020". Adgully. September 25, 2020.
- "Great Learning's digital campaign underlines journeys of learners". The Economic Times. July 13, 2020.
- "Here's the List of EdTech Startups Awarded at EdTechReview Awards 2020". EdTechReview. March 12, 2020.
- "ET Startup Awards 2020: Contenders for Bootstrap Champ". The Economic Times. August 17, 2020.
This article "Great Learning (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Great Learning (company). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.