|Original author(s)||Unlockar Apps Pvt. Ltd.|
|Type||Customized Lock Screen, Content Sharing, Content Distribution, Rewards, Gamification, Social Updates, Local Updates, online marketplace|
Search Unlockar on Amazon.
Unlockar is a Mobile app start-up, headquartered in New Delhi, India. The application is a universal lock screen app that presents user-selected content on the lock screen. The app allows users to define content preference from multiple content providers for regular updates.App never got much traction mostly of the fact that people didn't really cared about their lock screen as much as to install a third party app that basically floods their lock screen with news and ads. Also people naturally prefers lock screens to lock stuffs in, rather than to read news or other contents. Most of them are insecure enough to not subscribe for contents that would make other people judge them(as it's accessible to anyone from their lock screen).
The company began its operations in October 2013 as an app that serves user preferred content right on the lock screen. The company launched the first draft of its application in April 2014 and came out of the beta version in November 2014. As of December 2015[update], the app has had more than 100,000 Google Play installs.
Pulkit Ahuja , Piyush Paul, Gopal Yadav and Manish Garg are co-founder at Unlockar. Pulkit Ahuja is the author of bestselling book "Googled by God"  and the founder of Cabsguru . Piyush Paul is a business graduate from Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi University and an alumnus of FMS, Delhi. Gopal Yadav is an engineering graduate from BITS, Pilani - Dubai Campus and an alumnus of FMS, Delhi. Manish Garg is an engineering graduate from BITS, Pilani - Dubai Campus.
Awards and achievements
Unlockar has been received well by Indian audience and media, as can be seen with their more than 150 media mentions within 2 years of its launch. Unlockar is a part of BWAccelerate 2015 an initiative by Business World Group. The application has also won the award for Best App of the Year by Digital Empowerment Foundation as part of their initiative called mBillionth Award South Asia 2015. Unlockar is also a winner of Madlabs 2015, an initiative to identify most booming startups in India by the Mobile Marketing Association and MadHouse South Asia.
- "Unlockar: Application details". play.google.com.
- "Lock More, Get Paid More | Unlockar". TheTechPanda.com. 2014-04-07. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Pulkit Ahuja, Founder Unlockar Mobile App – Apps unveiled". Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Pulkit Ahuja". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Book Review: Googled By God ..In Search Of Money (and exclusive interview with the author)". Trak.in - Indian Business of Tech, Mobile & Startups. 2015-09-09. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- www.ETAuto.com. "Cabsguru ties up with ORIX to launch intercity cab services - ET Auto". ETAuto.com. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Cabsguru raises $200K from Paysense founder, others". VCCircle. 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Press". Unlockar. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- "Meet the 20 startups selected for BW Accelerate's second batch". TechCircle. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- "Winners 2015". mBillionth Award South Asia. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- "Madhouse hosts mobile advertising event in Bengaluru". MxM India. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
This article "Unlockar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Unlockar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.