Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
1972 (age 47–48)
|Baptised||1972 (age 47–48)|
|Occupation||Managing Director, Real Estate|
|Known for||founder of Newgard|
Harvey Hernandez is a Venezuelan-born real estate developer and investor. He serves as a chairman and CEO of Newgard Development Group, and is co-founder & CEO of Niido, a home-sharing concept launched in partnership with Airbnb. In 2015, Hernandez first approached Airbnb with the concept of home-sharing by creating a first-of-its-kind apartment complex. This marks the first step to design accommodations from the ground up for home-sharing, further challenging the traditional hotel industry.
Hernandez was born in Caracas, Venezuela. In 1992 he emigrating from Venezuela to Miami and got involved in the real estate market.
Newgard Development Group
Hernandez founded Newgard Development Group in 2011. The same year announced plans for building the BrickellHouse condominium. Construction began in 2012 and was one of the first luxury residential developments to go ahead in Miami since the 2008 economic downturn and late 2000s recession. Newgard has also developed Centro Lofts in Downtown Miami, One Flagler Office Condos Downtown Miami as well and Gale Boutique Hotel and Residences in Fort Lauderdale Beach.
In 2017, Hernandez launched Niido Powered by Airbnb, a new residential project launched in partnership with Airbnb. The first Airbnb-branded apartments were designed from the beginning to be friendly to tenants and Airbnb guest alike. The first building to open under the new brand is planned for the second quarter of 2018, and will be located in Orlando, Florida. Hernandez announced a $200 million investment from real estate investor Brookfield Property Partners that will help bring Airbnb’s branded apartment project to cities across the U.S.
- "UPDATE 1-Cash-rich Venezuelans help resuscitate Miami real estate". Reuters. 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Meet Niido, Airbnb's first apartment complex in Florida - Archpaper.com". archpaper.com. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- Gillespie, Ryan. "Airbnb, developer partner on home-sharing apartments". OrlandoSentinel.com. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- Kolodny, Deirdre Bosa, Lora (12 October 2017). "Airbnb is teaming up with a local developer to build a large apartment complex in Florida". CNBC. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Harvey Hernandez - Smart Business Magazine". Smart Business Magazine. 1 January 2007. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "NEWGARD DEVELOPMENT GROUP BREAKS GROUND ON MIAMI'S BRICKELLHOUSE CONDOMINIUM" (PDF). BrickellHouse. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Gale Residences Fort Lauderdale Beach unveils Beach Home collection". Curbed Miami. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- Carson, Biz. "To Avoid Angering Neighbors, Airbnb To Launch Its First-Ever Apartment Brand". Forbes. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Airbnb Is Getting a $200 Million Boost to Build Its Hotel-Like Apartment Business". Skift. 18 December 2017. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
This article "Harvey Hernandez" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Harvey Hernandez. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.