Haywire (Superman & Lois)
|Superman & Lois episode|
|Episode no.||Season 1|
|Directed by||James Bamford|
|Written by||Michael Narducci|
|Featured music||Dan Romer|
|Cinematography by||Gavin Struthers|
|Editing by||David Holland|
|Original air date||March 16, 2021|
|Running time||45 minutes|
"Haywire" is the fourth episode of The CW series Superman & Lois. The episode was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Gregory Smith. It was first broadcast on March 16, 2021, on The CW and HBO Max. The show is a spin-off from Supergirl where many characters of Superman & Lois were introduced during it's second season.
General Lane asks Clark to escort Thaddeus Killgrave, who is being transferred out of Metropolis Penitentiary due to Superman’s recent absence from the city. After Clark refuses to make an appearance in order to spend time with his family, Lane warns the twins not to distract their father from his role as Superman. Meanwhile, Lois asks Clark to show up to a town meeting to rally opposition to Edge's motion to re-open the local Shuster Mines. Superman gets tied up searching for Killgrave who was sprung out by Intergang, which results in Edge winning the mining vote. Meanwhile, Jonathan and Jordan's football teammate Tag Harris increasingly starts vibrating uncontrollably from his broken arm.
The twins try unsuccessfully to help Tag, who is inadvertently becoming more and more dangerous. As Superman battles Killgrave, he hears Jonathan's ELT call for help, giving him added determination to quickly defeat Killgrave and come to the aid of his sons and Tag. Seeing that Clark is putting increased importance on his family, Lane initiates a contingency plan called Project 7734 inspired by the dog tag that Captain Luthor gave him. Meanwhile, Edge and Larr discover a supply of X-Kryptonite buried in the Shuster Mine.
On October 28, 2019, it was announced that The Flash co-creators Todd Helbing, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schecter, and Geoff Johns would be developing a series based on Superman and Lois Lane for The CW and set in the Arrowverse, co-existing with the other series set in the franchise. It would follow the titular couple as they deal with all the stress, pressures, and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society. The couple have previously appeared in the Arrowverse series Supergirl, with Clark making his debut in the second season, and Lois making her debut in the 2018 Arrowverse crossover Elseworlds.
"Haywire" stars Tyler Hoechlin, and Elizabeth Tulloch as the titular characters, as announced along with the series' announcement in February 2020. and are joined by other main cast members including Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent, Alex Garfin as Jordan Kent, both of whom were cast in their roles the same month, Erik Valdez, Dylan Walsh, and Emmanuelle Chriqui were cast in April 2020 as Kyle Cushing, Sam Lane, and Lana Lang. Indie Navarrette and Wolé Parks were cast in May 2020 as Sarah Cushing and Captain Luthor, respectively, and, finally, Adam Rayner as Morgan Edge in December 2020.
Principle photography was originally meant to commence on in March 2020, but was delayed until October, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Filming officially began on October 21 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
|1.||"Say What You Mean"||Rubber Band Gun||1:00|
|4||"Haywire"||March 16, 2021||0.2||1.21||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
On Rotten Tomatoes, the series has an approval rating of 87% based on 38 reviews, with an average rating of 7.76/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Though it may be a bit too grounded for some viewers, Superman & Lois draws strength from unexpected places – without skimping on the action – to carve its own path in a crowded superhero universe." On Metacritic, it has a weighted average score of 65 out of 100 based on 12 reviews, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- Otterson, Joe (October 28, 2019). "'Superman and Lois' Starring Tyler Hoechlin, Elizabeth Tulloch in the Works at CW". Variety. Retrieved March 27, 2021.
- Ausiello, Michael; Ausiello, Michael (2020-10-29). "The CW Sets Delayed Premiere Dates for Flash, Superman & Lois, Riverdale, Charmed, Batwoman and More". TVLine. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- "When 'Superman & Lois' airs and how to watch online". Newsweek. 2021-02-23. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Andreeva, Nellie (2020-02-05). "'Superman & Lois' Casts Couple's Sons As Jordan Elsass & Alexander Garfin Join the CW Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2020-04-08). "'Superman & Lois': Erik Valdez To Play Lana Lang's Husband In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Andreeva, Nellie (2020-04-02). "'Superman & Lois': Dylan Walsh To Co-Star As General Lane In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2020-04-07). "'Superman & Lois': Emmanuelle Chriqui To Play Lana Lang In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2020-05-13). "'Superman & Lois': Inde Navarrette To Play Sarah Cushing In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (2020-05-12). "'Superman & Lois': Wolé Parks To Play The Stranger In the CW Series Based On DC Characters". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Swift, Andy; Swift, Andy (2021-02-24). "Superman & Lois Team Explains the Series Premiere's 'L' of a Final Twist: 'We Wanted to Tell a New Story'". TVLine. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray; Ramos, Dino-Ray (2020-12-17). "'Superman & Lois' Adds 'Tyrant' Star Adam Rayner As Morgan Edge". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- "DGC BC Production List" (PDF). Directors Guild of Canada. April 6, 2021. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 21, 2021. Retrieved April 6, 2021. Unknown parameter
- says, Troy. "Dan Romer Scoring The CW's 'Superman & Lois' | Film Music Reporter". Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- S1E4 - Superman & Lois (Haywire) List of Songs | WhatSong, retrieved 2021-04-12
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 17, 2021). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.16.2021". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved March 17, 2021.
- "Superman & Lois: Season 1 (2021)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 2, 2021.
- "Superman & Lois - Season 1 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved February 24, 2021.
This article "Haywire (Superman & Lois)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Haywire (Superman & Lois). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.