Heathen Scouting and Guiding
Organizations[edit | edit source]
Several organizations exist, among them Scout Forn Siðr in Stavanger, Norway and Malmö, Sweden, as well as a few prospective members in the United Kingdom and Poland, named for Forn Siðr ("Old Northern Tradition" in Old Norse) and the Young Vikings Club in the United States[dubious ], a separate organization despite the Boy Scouts of America accepting Ásatrú units, e.g. Troop 1239, Great Salt Lake Council.
Scout Forn Siðr[edit | edit source]
Levels and ideals:
- Wolf Cubs
- Boy Scouts, whose emblem incorporates the Mjöllnir (Thor's hammer) as well as runic letters
- Girl Scouts (Valkyries)
- Rovers, whose emblem incorporates the Mjöllnir. The highest Rover crew award is the Knights of Odin, whose emblem incorporates Sleipnir of the Tjängvide image stone. Rover applicants must participate in the build of a schniggen (a small ship with oars and sail, faering style) and proceed with an expeditionary project.
- The Valknut Scout is the highest troop award
- Scouter (Scout/Guide adult leadership), whose emblem is the raven. The Gylfaginning Award is the highest recognition for outstanding service and contribution to the organization.
- A Scout's honor is to be trusted
- A Scout is loyal
- A Scout is brave
- A Scout's duty is to be useful and to help others
- A Scout tells the truth always
- A Scout is responsible
- A Scout does nothing by half
- A Scout is disciplined
- A Scout is persevering
Young Vikings Club[edit | edit source]
Ranks of the Young Vikings:
- Standard Bearer
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Scouting : Friends Committee on Scouting, Páll Gíslason
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
This article "Heathen Scouting and Guiding" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Heathen Scouting and Guiding. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.