Hedgeye Risk Management
Template:SHORTDESC:An investment research firm and online financial media company
|Founder 👔||Keith McCullough|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Keith McCullough, (Founder & CEO)|
Michael Blum, (COO)
Number of employees
Hedgeye Risk Management is an investment research firm and an online financial media company founded in 2008 by its current CEO Keith McCullough. The firm provides investing research in over a dozen sectors including Macroeconomics, Gaming, Lodging & Leisure, Restaurants, Financials, Healthcare, Industrials, Energy, and Retail.
Following the peak of the Great Recession, McCullough originally opened ResearchEdge LLC. in New Haven, Connecticut. His goal was to provide the same quality of research he had access to when he had been a portfolio manager at the Carlyle Group and make it available to the larger market.
McCullough expressed his motivation for creating Hedgeye in his interview with Forbes:
- The truth about research, especially that coming out of a banking house, is that at best it's conflicted advice. But if you were to be independent, then it would or could be the truth. And that's what I wanted: to tell the truth.
McCullough founded Hedgeye with $1 million of his own money. He entered into a ten-year lease at the William H. Taft Mansion and started with employees. In 2009 the firm had 38 new employees. in what had been named one of worst financial crises in America.
In 2013, Hedgeye relocated its headquarters 1 High Ridge Park in Stamford, Connecticut.)
On Jan 13, 2016 Hedgeye Risk Management acquired Potomac Research Group, a Washington-based firm that provides policy analysis to Wall Street investors and private equity firms.
- "Company Overview of Hedgeye Risk Management LLC". Bloomberg. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Kelly, Bruce (12 October 2008). "Research is the key for former hedge fund manager". Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Constable, Simon (22 June 2018). "Still Going Strong: How One Startup Bucked The Financial Crisis And Thrived". Forbes. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Satija, Neena (20 April 2010). "Hedge Fund Refugee's Cash Cow: Transparency". Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Egan, Matt (27 August 2014). "2008: Worse than the Great Depression?". Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Lytton, Barry (20 January 1996). "New developments dent legacy of 'father' of Stamford's skyline". The Stamford Advocate. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
This article "Hedgeye Risk Management" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hedgeye Risk Management. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.