Hugo E. Martinez
|Hugo E. Martinez|
|Second Quorum of the Seventy|
|April 5, 2014|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Born||January 10, 1957|
Mayagüez, Puerto Rico
|Spouse(s)||Nuria Merced Alvarez Pagan|
Hugo E. Martinez (born January 10, 1957) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since April 2014. Born in Puerto Rico, Martinez is the first LDS Church general authority from the Caribbean.
Martinez was born in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico. In 1981, he received a doctor of medicine degree from the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine and did his medical residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
In 1982, while doing his residency in Mississippi, Martinez and his wife became members of the LDS Church. After completing his medical residency in 1984 he returned to Puerto Rico to work as a medical doctor. He has served in various assignments in the LDS Church including bishop, district president, and president of the Guatemala Guatemala City Central Mission. Martinez was an area seventy in the Caribbean Area from 2009 until he became a general authority and member of the Second Quorum of the Seventy at the church's April 2014 general conference. Since August 1, 2014, Martinez has been serving as second counselor in the presidency of the church's Caribbean Area.
See also[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Jason Swenson, (2014-04-14), "Elder Hugo E. Martinez: 'The Lord is in charge'", Church News, Deseret News,
- "Elder Hugo E. Martinez", Liahona, LDS Church, May 2014
- Elder Hugo E. Martinez: The Caribbean’s First General Authority, lds.org, 19 May 2014[permanent dead link]
- General Authorities: Elder Hugo E. Martinez, lds.org
- "LDS Church names new leaders in Sunday School presidency", Herald Extra, Daily Herald, 5 April 2014
- "Area Leadership Assignments, 2014" (PDF), Church News, Deseret News, 3 May 2014
- "Inspirational messages abound at LDS Conference", The Spectrum, thespectrum.com, 5 October 2014
- "Prophesy Fulfilled", Church News, Deseret News, 11 October 2014
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Hugo E. Martinez" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hugo E. Martinez. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.