Jorge F. Zeballos
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Jorge F. Zeballos|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|5 April 2008|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Born||Jorge Fernando Zeballos|
19 July 1955
Jorge Fernando Zeballos (born 19 July 1955) has been a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 2008. He is the first Chilean to be a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy and the second Chilean to serve as a general authority of the LDS Church (the first was Eduardo Ayala).
Zeballos was born in Ovalle, Chile. He joined the LDS Church when he was twelve and later served as a missionary for the church in Concepción. Zeballos and his wife, Carmen Gloria Valenzuela, traveled to São Paulo, Brazil to marry in the São Paulo Brazil Temple. They are the parents of five children.
In his professional life, Zeballos worked as a manager of corporate affairs for a mining company. He managed corporate affairs for Minera Escondida, which was at that point the biggest copper-producing mine in the world. He also managed the church's physical facilities in Chile.
At the time of his call as a general authority, Zeballos was serving as president of the church's Chile Concepción South Mission. He served as a counselor in the presidency of the church's Chile Area from August 2008 to August 2012. When the church consolidated the Chile Area into the South America South Area in 2012, Zeballos became a counselor in the South America South Area presidency. He served in that assignment from August 2012 to August 2015. In April 2015 Zeballos became the second speaker to speak in Spanish at LDS General Conference.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- "Area Authority in Chile", Ensign, March 1999, pp. 68–69.
- News of the Church, Ensign, August 2008, pp. 76-80; see especially pp. 77-78, which features the announcement specific to area leadership changes.
- 2012 Area Leadership Assignments, Church News, 5 May 2012. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2015, Deseret News, 2 May 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Elder Jorge F. Zeballos: If you will be responsible", Daily Universe
References[edit | edit source]
- "Elder Jorge A. Zeballos," Liahona, May 2008, p. 140
- Jason Swensen, Faith preceded blessings in gospel-filled life, Church News, 19 July 2008. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Called to Seventy, Church News, 12 April 2008. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- New mission presidents (announces Zeballos' call as a mission president) 25 March 2006. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Church names area authorities, 5 August 1995. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Jorge F. Zeballos" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jorge F. Zeballos. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.