Type of site
Hypebeast Limited (stylized HYPEBEAST Limited) is a digital media and e-commerce company based in Hong Kong. Founded as a sneaker culture blog by Kevin Ma in 2005, Hypebeast offers sneakers- and fashion-focused digital media oriented towards youth and young adults.
History[edit | edit source]
On April 11 2016, Hypebeast Limited filed for an IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange’s Growth Enterprise Market, which is specifically designed for emerging companies. It was the best-performing IPO in Asia in 2016. As of April 2016 the company was valued at US$270 million. In 2018 the brand began an annual multi-brand fashion, food and music event in New York City called Hypefest.
Awards and honors[edit | edit source]
- 2015 Webby Award of Blog culture
- 2016 Webby Award of Blog culture
- 2017 Fast Company World's Most Innovative Companies 
- 2017: Kevin Ma nominated as one of Tatler's 2017 Generation T
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Kevin Ma Interview Fashionista 2015/12
- "How 'Hypebeast' Became Much More Than a Sneaker Blog". Fashionista. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "Fast Talk: How This "Sneakerhead" Built A Major Online Magazine". Fast Company. 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "He's domain man". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "Hypebeast". dictionary.com. 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Lifestyle Blog Hypebeast Soars 708% in Record Asia Debut". Bloomberg.com. 2016-04-11. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "Hypebeast's Record-breaking IPO Debut Shines A Light On The Booming Streetwear Market". Fashionista. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "News Bites | Hypebeast Launches Hypekids". The Business of Fashion. 2017-07-17. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Hypebeast Files for IPO". The Business of Fashion. 2016-04-08. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- HYPEBEAST’S KEVIN MA DOESN’T CARE ABOUT SNEAKERS ANYMORE. HE WANTS TO START A BOOK CLUB INSTEAD Georgia Frances King, Quartz Media, September 23, 2018
- "Webby". Webby Awards Award. 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Webby". Webby Award. 2016-08-27. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANIES-Hypebeast". Fast Company. 2017-09-25. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- "Tatler". Tatler. 2017-08-11. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Hypebeast" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hypebeast. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.