Privately held company
IT and transport|
Arsen Tomsky, Alexandr Pavlov|
Arsen Tomsky (CEO), Alexandr Burtsev (CTO), Egor Fedorov (CMO)|
mobile application for ride requests|
Number of employees
InDriver is a provider of passenger, truck and inter-city transportation services. Its primary business is a taxi ride-hailing service within the Russian Federation based on a mobile phone app of the same name. Currently, InDriver users make four to five million trips monthly and InDriver was the third ranked ride-hailing company in Russia by number of 2016 trips, behind Yandex.Taxi and Gett.
InDriver's business proposition is that passengers determine the price of the trip rather than drivers. The application user posts the maximum amount that he or she is willing to pay for the trip. The order is accepted by the first driver who is willing to accept the offered price. Also, InDriver charges drivers primarily on a flat rate, whereas its competitors charge drivers a percentage of their taxi fare receipts. According to Kommersant, the fees that InDriver takes from drivers' receipts averages 5-7% of the fare. The average commission for ride-hailing apps in the Russian market is 20% of the trip cost. The inDriver Mobile app is available on Android, iOS, and the Windows Phone.
History[edit | edit source]
InDriver is a project of the Sinet group of IT companies, based in Yakutsk in Eastern Russia. The idea for such a service was born in a user group on the Russian online social media and social networking service VK.com. The group, «Community of Independent Drivers», was founded in 2012 by students from Yakutsk who drove commercially in their spare time. (In Russia, many car owners operate as part-time drivers for hire). Their group offered to give cheap rides when their vehicles were available. Passengers would suggest a fare themselves. The creation of such a group was dictated by a general discontent with transportation services in Yakutsk, with high prices and low quality. The group gathered dozens of thousands of like-minded participants in a short amount of time.
On June 24, 2013, a first version of the InDriver mobile app was launched for the Android operating system, followed six months later by an iOS app. In November 2014 a version of the InDriver mobile app was launched for Windows Phones.
Expansion[edit | edit source]
In July 2014 InDriver made freight and inter-city services available within the app using the same business model.
In February 2017 the service passed the threshold of 100,000,000 rides booked through the InDriver mobile app. Registered users comprised more than 5 million people at the time.
In the summer of 2017 Russian venture capital fund LETA Capital committed to a $5 million investment in InDriver. The company plans to use this investment to launch its service in India, USA and Canada.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Poddubny, Arkady (12 March 2018). "На петербургском рынке агрегаторов такси появился новый игрок" [A new player appears in the St. Petersburg taxi aggregator market]. RBK daily.
- Mike Butcher (September 7, 2017). "Straight outta Siberia — inDriver raises $5M for its flat-rate ride-hailing app | TechCrunch". Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- Gorborukova, Lydia (3 November 2017). "InDriver сделал остановку в Петербурге" [InDriver makes a stop in St. Petersburg]. Kommersant.
- Smirnova, Yekaterina (8 September 2017). "Российский венчурный фонд Leta Capital вложил $5 млн в сибирский сервис такси inDriver" [Russian Venture Fund Leta Capital invests $5 million in Siberian inDriver taxi service]. Vedomosti. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- Khabibrakhimov, Albert (14 March 2017). "Российский такси-сервис inDriver раскрыл статистику по количеству поездок в конце 2016 года после «Яндекс.Такси» и Gett" [Russian taxi service inDriver discloses statistics on the number of trips at the end of 2016, behind "Yandex.Taxi" and Gett]. vc.ru.
- Seddon, Max (4 December 2017). "Russian ride hailing apps power up". Financial Times.
- "inDriver вместо такси: Мы — единственные, кто предоставляет свободный механизм ценообразования" [inDriver instead of a taxi: We are the only ones who provide a free pricing mechanism]. Properm. 9 December 2014.
- Razumovskaya, Olga (7 January 2016). "Russia's Taxi-Hailing Apps Gain Ridership". Wall Street Journal.
Car owners have a long tradition of moonlighting as cabdrivers to make cash.
- "Якутские таксисты недовольны, но бастовать не будут" [Yakut taxi drivers are unhappy, but will not strike]. yakutia.info. 11 February 2015.
- "Сколько стоит стать законным водителем "inDriver"?" [How much does it cost to become a registered driver with "inDriver"?]. Эхо столицы (Echo of The Capital (Yakutsk newspaper)). 5 February 2015.
- "Приложение inDriver теперь и на iPhone!" [The InDriver application is now on iPhone]. ykt.ru. 26 December 2013.
- "Приложение InDriver теперь и на Windows Phone!" [The InDriver application is now also on Windows Phone!]. agregator.pro. 8 December 2014.
- "Машинка подъехала: Арсен Томский вырастил конкурента Uber из группы «ВКонтакте»" [The car has pulled up: Arsen Tomsky has grown the competitor to Uber from a "VKontakte" group]. Секрет фирмы. 1 February 2017.
- Khabibrakhimov, Albert (2 June 2016). "Российский такси-сервис inDriver вышел за пределы СНГ и начал работу в Мьянме" [Russian taxi service inDriver goes outside the CIS to start in Myanmar]. vc.ru.
- "inDriver — удобный поиск грузовых авто" [inDriver - A convenient search for trucks]. ykt.ru. 11 December 2015.
- "Российский такси-сервис inDriver привлек $5 млн на экспансию в США, Канаду и Индию" [Russian taxi service inDriver attracts $5 million for expansion into the USA, Canada and India]. Rusbase (in русский). Retrieved 2017-09-08.
- "Российский такси-сервис inDriver привлек $5 млн от фонда LETA Capital" [Russian taxi service inDriver attracted $5 million from the LETA Capital fund]. vc.ru (in русский). 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2017-09-08.
This article "InDriver" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage InDriver/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.