|Founded||April 28, 1988|
University of La Verne, (La Verne, CA)
|Colors||Forest Green and Red|
|Website||Iota Delta Website|
Iota Delta (ΙΔ) is a sorority founded on April 28, 1988 at the University of La Verne. Twelve collegiate women came together to establish a Greek sisterhood organization based on individuality, diversity, friendship, leadership development, and community service. Today this common bond has prevailed and continues to be the foundation of Iota Delta.
About Iota Delta[edit | edit source]
The sisters of Iota Delta Sorority are as diverse as the students at the University of La Verne. Each Sister brings a different culture, background, and experience to the Sorority. Iota Delta incorporates each of these backgrounds into a unique and incomparable blend, thus the Sorority's motto "All You Have To Be Is You".
Throughout the Sorority's existence, Iota Delta has earned campus and community recognition through leadership efforts. ULV, as well as Iota Delta prides itself on individuality and involvement. The sisters are proud of their accomplishments. Each sister has found and pursued various interests in different clubs and organizations as well as departments, choirs and sports teams.
In addition to school involvement the Sisters of Iota Delta are committed to community service. The Sorority supports its philanthropy, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, through special events and fundraisers, including the annual Bowl-for-Breath and the Great Strides Walk.
Philanthropy[edit | edit source]
Community and Service are very important to any organization. This is why Iota Delta takes pride in giving back to both the community at large and our home at the University of La Verne. Community is one of our seven values and in our eighteen-year history we have been able to contribute to many different causes. Our Founding Mothers began volunteering and this tradition and involvement still continues today.
Throughout the years of our sorority's existence, Iota Delta has been involved with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, The Clothesline Project, The Latex or No Sex Campaign, The Aids Walk and many other philanthropic projects.
Recognition and honors[edit | edit source]
- Greek Organization of the Year: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2017
- Outstanding Scholarship Award: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014
- Greek Woman of the Year: 2005- Callie Fikter; Alpha Zeta; 2006- Nancy Reyes; Alpha Zeta; 2007 - Liz Canales, Alpha Theta; 2008 - Michelle Ajemian, Alpha Mu; 2009 - Cerina DeSouza, Alpha Lambda; 2010 - Naime Laskar, Alpha Nu; 2011 - Noor Wahba, Alpha Omicron, 2013-Cindy Vallejo, Alpha Rho; 2016 -Katie Rosenthal, Beta Alpha
- New Member of the Year: 2007 - Jolene Rojas, Alpha Nu 2016 - Alexis Coria, Beta Gamma
- Greek Advisor of the Year: 2005 - Laura Kiralla; 2008 - Erin McAndrew; 2011 - Erin McAndrew; 2013 - Nancy Reyes
- Outstanding Service Award: 2008, 2009
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
This article "Iota Delta" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Iota Delta. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.