Irish Car Rentals
|Founded 📆||Dublin, Ireland (1984)|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Dublin, Ireland (1984)|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Website||Irish Car Rentals|
Irish Car Rentals is a car rental company headquartered in Santry, Dublin, that provides car rental services in Ireland. The Irish Car Rentals was the owner of GoCar, the first car-sharing service in Ireland and has the Europcar franchise in Ireland.
The company was founded in 1984 and is one of the top 100 transport companies in Ireland. In 2014, the company was transferred to the Executive Trust Limited which also owns CARHIRE.ie and Car Rental Ireland.com. Before that Irish Car Rentals used to operate as a subsidiary of ICR Motor Group Limited.
During June 2012, GoCar was relaunched in the Mansion House Dublin by the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Andrew Montague. Irish Car Rentals acquired the 80% stakes of the company resulting in giving it buying power for expansion of GoCar. By 2016 GoCar expanded from 10 cars in 2008 to 165 cars and 15 vans. The membership of GoCar is over 7,000 people.
In October 2016, GoCar launched a GoElectric range consisting of a fleet of 10 BMW i3 electric cars.
Irish Car Rentals used to own the franchise of Europcar in Ireland. The association offers more than 5,500 cars in Ireland at more than 18 places, major among which are Dublin Airport, Dublin City Centre and Cork City. In 2013, the Europcar Ireland reported an 11% increase in its peak fleet numbers to more than 5,000 vehicles and surpassed 900,000 rental days.
In December 2016, Irish Car Rentals have been acquired 100% by Europcar Group. The Europcar brand operates in some 100 markets, the company only owns the operations in ten countries including the UK, France, Germany and Spain, with the rest franchised out.
Other articles of the topic companies : E-Doley, Plivo, Adrenaline Hunter, List of stakeholder and community engagement software, Khas (brand), Sunteck Realty, Sha Posh
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- "IRISH CAR RENTALS". The Irish Times Top 1000. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Keenan, Mark (5 June 2012). "GoCar to emulate bike-share scheme with €3m investment". Business Irish. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Doyle, Carmel (20 June 2012). "Car-sharing platform GoCar to put 200 cars on roads by end of 2013". Silicon Republic. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Irish Car Rentals". Car Rental Council of Ireland. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Company Overview of Irish Car Rentals Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Reinventing everything, except the wheel". Business and Leadership. 2016-05-01. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "GoCar is continuing to expand". Irish Independent. 2016-03-20. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Can car-sharing trigger the electric car revolution in Ireland?". Irish Times. 2016-10-16. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Car Rental Affiliate Programme". Irish Car Rentals. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Drive What You Like, When You Like With Lee Garage And Europcar". The Cork News. 12 September 2014. Archived from the original on 23 June 2015. Retrieved 14 October 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Europcar franchises to open in Cavan and Waterford". Business & Finance. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Europcar Ireland reports growth and expansion in 2013". Business & Leadership. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- "Europcar Group extends its corporate network with the acquisition of its Irish franchisee". Europcar Group. 1 January 2017. Archived from the original on 7 January 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2017. Unknown parameter
This article "Irish Car Rentals" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Irish Car Rentals. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.