|🏳️ Citizenship||United States|
|🏫 Education||University of Georgia, Southern College of Optometry, College of Syntonic Optometry|
Early life and education
Born in Havana, Cuba, in 1947, Liberman and his family immigrated to Miami, Florida in 1955. He attended the University of Georgia followed by the Southern College of Optometry, where he earned a Doctorate of Optometry in 1973. Liberman received a PhD in Vision Science in 1986 from The College of Syntonic Optometry. In 1996 Liberman was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Science from the Open International University for Complementary Medicines.
Liberman operated a medical practice in Miami where he specialized in children and adolescents with learning difficulties. In 1976, he experienced a spontaneous remission of his nearsightedness and astigmatism and began incorporating alternative methods of vision improvement into his practice. He published studies on his methods in academic journals. Liberman next began studying Syntonics through the College of Syntonic Optometry, where he later earned his post-doctoral degree in Vision Science. Liberman sold his optometric practice in 1986 and opened the now-closed Aspen Center for Energy Medicine in 1989.
He is the author of several books.
Accreditations and affiliations
He is a past President of the College of Syntonic Optometry and the International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine. Liberman sits on the Board of Directors of the International Light Association and the Advisory Board of the Institute for Science, Spirituality, and Sustainability.
- “Prescribing for Performance and Prevention” by Jack Liberman, O.D., Journal of the American Optometric Association, Volume 47, Number 8, August 1976, Page 1063.
- "The Morning Show with Patrick Timpone," March 24, 2015, One Radio Network". oneradionetwork.com. March 24, 2015. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- Anna Haight (September 23, 2012). "Stop Looking, Start Seeing". patch.com. Mill Valley Patch. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- Hay, Veronica M. "An Interview with Jacob Liberman". peopleandpossibilities.com. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- Hay, Veronica M. "Jacob Liberman, OD, PHD: Change Your Vision, Change Your Life," Interview by Marc David and Suzanne Snyder, Alternative Therapies, March/April 2008" (PDF). alternative-therapies.com. 14 (2). p. 71.
- "Is Your Phone Ruining Your Eyesight?". HuffPost. November 26, 2011. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- "Change Your Vision, Change Your Life,” by Jacob Liberman, O.D., Ph.D., New Life Magazine, July–August 2007, Issue 115, Page 11.
- Advanced Light Therapies: A Complete Guide to the Healing Power of Light by Anandi Martel, Healing Arts Press, 2018, Preface, ISBN 978-1-62055-729-7 Search this book on .
- ""Interview with Dr. Jacob Liberman," Lotus Guide: Providing Cutting-Edge Information on Science, Health and Services". Lotus Guide. May 20, 2012. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- New Aspen Doctor Known as Pioneer in ‘Energy Medicine’ by Jane Wilson, Aspen Times, July 27, 1989, Page 9B.
- Paddy Kamen (May 15, 2011). "Fringe Fact of Fiction? Is EYEPORT the Real Thing?". Envision Magazine. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- Dr. Ray Gottlieb (November 7, 2016). "Dr. Pepper, Behavioral Optometrist (1923-2016)". Optometry & Visual Performance. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- "Conference 2009: International Light Association". International Light Association. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- "Members of the International Light Association (ILA) Board". International Light Association. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
This article "Jacob Liberman" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jacob Liberman. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.