|Birth name||Omar Craig Forsythe|
|Born||2 August 1982|
|Origin||Rio Nuevo, Ocho Rios, Jamaica'|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, musician, songwriter|
|Associated acts||Spragga Benz, Japanese, Kalado, Suvi, Rebel Soulz, Hot Boxxx Entertainment, VP Records, Chase Mills Records, Minto Pierre (MPR)|
OMAR CRAIG FORSYTHE (born August 2, LEO) was born and raised in Jamaica. He is known musically as JAY-5Flow. Jay-5, for short, is a Los Angeles based international reggae and dancehall artist, who has been popularly recognized for his 2015 hit single 'Dancehall Macarena'; produced by Hot Boxxx Entertainment, and distributed by VP Records.
Background and Career
Forsythe was born in Governs Pen, and grew up in Rio Nuevo/Ocho Rios, Jamaica. In the late 1990’s, with the support of his colleague Russian (Christian/reggae producer/engineer) of Brick Steel Productions, Forsythe began performing at local shows in the parishes of St. Mary and St. Ann, Jamaica. He did this whilst working a day job as a contract Entertainment Performer in hotels and resorts across Jamaica’s northern parishes. In 2003, Omar 'Jay-5Flow' Forsythe relocated to Los Angeles, California to further pursue his career in entertainment. Jay-5 then met the producer and CEO of Rebel Soulz, through Russian in 2008.
Working with Russian & Spragga Benz
Under the guidance of the members of Rebel Soulz, Jay-5 did his first professional music recordings, which included 'Magic (Pearl Riddim)' and 'Just Dance (Current Affairs Riddim)'. After that recording and performing, music became a career for Forsythe. This led to his alliance with well-known dancehall artist, Spragga Benz, who is the CEO of Red Square productions and actor from the Jamaican hit movie Shottas (Wayne). Jay-5's relationship with Spragga Benz and his Red Square family created platforms that gave the artist opportunities to perform on international events (Jamaica Observer 2015). Jay-5Flow toured several states in the U.S. with Spragga Benz; sharing the stage with rapper Foxy Brown, Kymani Marley, Beenie Man, Gyptian, Warrior King, Konshens, Kranium, and several others.
Achievements & Milestones
In 2011, Forsythe started pursuing his career in music as a full-time artiste.This decision was then followed by Jay-5's Sting 2014 performance in Portmore, Jamaica (Grant 2014) . At the 2014 Grammy's, Jay-5 was nominated  within the pop/reggae category for his collaborated song, 'Tick Tock' featuring Suvi (Grant 2014). In the following year, 2015, VP Records signed Jay-5 to a 4 year distribution deal (Jackson 2017). Later in that year  he would have recorded 'Dancehall Macarena', his hit single; produced by Hot Boxxx Entertainment, and distributed by VP Records. Forsythe was later confirmed guess-hosting the Beach Road Trip (BRT) in 2016.
In addition to the 'Dancehall Macarena', Jay-5Flow has also been recognized for his song, 'Tick Tock' co-recorded by Jay-5 and International entertainer SuVi (Suvi Suresh). 'Tick Tock' was written and produced by Paul Drago, LA Music Award winner and Abby Cubey (cdBaby.com 2014).
Forsythe is otherwise known to have an established work relationship with billboard producer, Minto Pierre (MPR), whom produced the track for 'Shake It Señorita' from Jay-5's album, The Dancehall Macarena (The Tropixs 2018). Pierre is Jay-5’s producer and has been working with him since the beginning of his music career.
More recently, In 2018, Jay-5Flow released a single entitled ‘Me Noh Play’, produced by Big Zim Records, Kingston, Jamaica.
Forsythe was previously managed by the CEO of Belize-runway. This has contributed to his general exposure as an international reggae and dancehall artist.
- Jay-5Flow featured on Maria Jackson Magazine
- Jay-5Flow eyes buzz in Jamaica | The Star, Jamaica
- Jay-5Flow | BandMix
- Jay-5 Flow performs in 'Cali' next week | The Star, Jamaica
- Everyone Is Doing The ”Dancehall Macarena”
- New Dancehall Dance Sensation | Maria Jackson Magazine
- KingstonToLA Interview: Jay5-Flow [2018 DANCEHALL]
- JAY-5FLOW SCORES HUGE HIT IN PANAMA
- Controversial video by dancehall artiste Jay-5Flow
- 'Whine' Gets Some Traction | The Jamaica Observer
- RAVE REVIEWS FOR 'ONE CHANCE'
- REBEL SOULZ DROPS 'CURRENT AFFAIRS' RIDDIM
- SPRAGGA BENZ NURTURES RED SQUARE RECRUITS IN 2012
- "Jamaican artist Jay-5Flow will also be taking the stage."
- "Jamaica Observer Limited". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Grant, Dominique (December 26, 2014). "JAY-5 FLOW PERFORMS TONIGHT!! #MAGNUM #STING #2014 #RSQRB". Redsquare Rebelnation. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- THE PARTY MINISTER (2015-02-07), JAY-5FLOW TALKS STING 2014, retrieved 2019-02-19
- Grant, Dominique (October 23, 2014). "GRAMMY Nominees Are In!! Congrats to SuVi & Jay-5! "Tick Tock" was accepted in 2 categories of the Grammy's". Redsquare Rebelnation. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "Tick Tock (feat. Jay-5 Flow) - QQ音乐-千万正版音乐海量无损曲库新歌热歌天天畅听的高品质音乐平台！". y.qq.com. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Magazine, Maria Jackson (2017-05-08). "Jay-5Flow Bio (@Jay5flow)". MARIA JACKSON MAGAZINE. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Tropixs, The (2018-03-30). "Jay-5Flow Drops "Controversial" Music Video". The Tropixs. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "Suvi (featuring Jay-5 Flow) - Tick Tock". Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- ♫ Tick Tock - Suvi. Listen @cdbaby, retrieved 2019-02-21
- Tropixs, The (2018-06-24). "Grammy Nominated Jay-5Flow 'Noh Play' With Dancehall". The Tropixs. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "Caye Easter Bash". www.7newsbelize.com. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
This article "Jay-5Flow" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jay-5Flow. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.