Jay Baron Nicorvo
|Jay Baron Nicorvo|
|Born||August 21, 1976|
Perth Amboy, NJ
|Alma mater||Eckerd College; Emerson College|
|Genre||Novel, Poetry, Essay|
Jay Baron Nicorvo (born August 21, 1976) is an American novelist, poet, and essayist.
Life[edit | edit source]
Career[edit | edit source]
Nicorvo's first novel, The Standard Grand, was published in 2017 by St. Martin’s Press. It is about a a group of veterans, traumatized by their wartime experiences, who meet in a crumbling resort in the Catskill Mountains.
Books[edit | edit source]
- Deadbeat: Poems. Four Way Books (2012) ISBN 978-1935536239. Deadbeat debuted on the Poetry Foundation bestseller list.
- The Standard Grand: A Novel. St. Martin's Press (2017) ISBN 978-1250108944.The Standard Grand was picked for IndieBound's Indie Next List, Library Journal's Debut Novels Great First Acts, Poets & Writers's "New and Noteworthy," and was named a best book of the year by The Brooklyn Rail.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Fighting the Pull of Poetry, This Poet Finds His Muse in the Military's Role in His Life in Latest Novel". The Gazette (Cedar Rapids). Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- "Thisbe Nissen and Jay Baron Nicorvo Love Being Married to a Writer (Each Other)". The Capital Times. 2018-01-27. Retrieved 2018-01-27.
- Aistars, Zinta (28 July 2017). "Between the Lines: The Standard Grand". WMUK. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Poetry Review: Deadbeat by Jay Baron Nicorvo, Author". publishersweekly.com. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "Contemporary Best-Sellers This Week". poetryfoundation.org. Retrieved 2012-10-19.
- "Booklist Review: The Standard Grand by Jay Baron Nicorvo, Author". Booklist.com. 2016-10-15. Retrieved 2016-10-15.
- "Indie Next List May 2017". indiebound.org. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Great First Acts: Debut Novels". libraryjournal.com. Retrieved 2017-03-15.
- "Page One: Where New and Noteworthy Books Begin". pw.org. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "The Rail's Best Books of 2017". brooklynrail.org. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
[edit | edit source]
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 788: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Jay Baron Nicorvo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Jay Baron Nicorvo/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.