Jeffrey A. Rich
Career and education
Rich received his BBA from University of Michigan in 1982.
Affiliated Computer Services
On February 26, 2002, Affiliated Computer Services appointed Rich as the Chief Executive Officer of the company, following the leave of Darwin Deason, who founded the company in 1988. Prior to becoming CEO, Rich was serving as President and COO of the company since 1995. At Rich's tenure at ACS, he was being paid $13.6 million per year in salary and stock options.
Options backdating allegations
A 2006 internal options probe, found that several C-level executives at ACS were allegedly backdating. The Wall Street Journal found that Rich was allegedly altering the dates of his options before actual issuance, pocketing up to $18.4 million. Rich resigned from his position as CEO in 2005.
Rich is the founder and Managing Director of PlumTree Partners and the Operating Partner of Sunstone Partners.
Rich also holds several board memberships that include board member of World President's Organization, board member of University of Michigan Business School, board member of Education is Freedom Foundation, board member of Dallas Symphony Orchestra, board member of Telligent Inc., board member of River Logic Inc. and chairman of Royaltyshare Inc.
Rich is married to Jan Miller, founder of Dupree, Miller and Associates, a PR firm.
Rich is regularly involved in philanthropic activities. In 2013, He was named 2013 Horatio Alger Awardee by the Horatio Alger Organization.
Rich resides in a 10,990 sq. ft home in Dallas, TX. He paid $8.8 million for it in 2014.
- "Jeffrey A. Rich". Forbes. Unknown parameter
- "University of Michigan Business School". webuser.bus.umich.edu. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "ACS names CEO". www.atmmarketplace.com. 2002-02-26. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- Bandler, Charles Forelle and James (2006-03-19). "The Perfect Payday". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "ACS shares drop on CEO announcement". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-11-24. Unknown parameter
- "Jeff Rich, Royaltyshare Inc: Profile and Biography". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2020-12-02.
- "Jeff Rich Named 2013 Horatio Alger Awardee". My Sweet Charity. 2013-01-30. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
- "Jeffrey A. Rich's house in Dallas, TX". Virtual Globetrotting. 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2020-11-24.
This article "Jeffrey A. Rich" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jeffrey A. Rich. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.