Jeffrey Hirsch (born January 21, 1972) is an American media executive who currently serves as Chief Operating Officer of Starz. Hirsch oversees affiliate sales, marketing, programming operations, network scheduling, content acquisitions, research, distribution and technology, and product development. Prior to Starz, Hirsch worked at Time Warner Cable for 16 years, ending his tenure at the company as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Residential Services, where he led all corporate marketing efforts.
Hirsch served as executive vp and chief marketing officer for residential services at Time Warner Cable. In that role since 2011, Hirsch was responsible for all corporate marketing activities to residential customers. He first joined Time Warner Cable in 1999 and served in various executive roles, including in strategic product development for the Time Warner Cable iPad app. He also served as president for residential services in the Time Warner Cable New York City, Los Angeles and Rochester, NY regions.
Hirsch joined Starz in July 2015 as president of global marketing and product planning, where he oversaw the development of new Starz products and services for the company’s distributors, both in the U.S. and abroad. Hirsch spearheaded the launch of Starz’s stand-alone app and the rebranding rolled out across its suite of 17 channels.
In June 2016, Hirsch was promoted to Chief Operating Officer of Starz.
In January 2017, Hirsch signed a renewed agreement with Starz that will keep him at the network until December, 2020.
● Hirsch served on the Board of Directors at UJA-Federation of New York from 2002 to 2005.
● In 2012, The National Cable & Telecommunications Association presented Hirsch with the Vanguard Award for Young Leadership.
● In 2013, Forbes ranked Hirsch #21 on their list of “The Most Influential CMOs Worldwide”.
● In 2013, Forbes ranked Hirsch #17 on their list of “The Top 20 Social Media CMOs of Fortune 250 Companies”.
Hirsch holds a BA degree in Communications from the University of Pennsylvania. He went on to receive an MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
- Staff, Variety (June 21, 2016). "Starz Promotes Jeffrey Hirsch to Chief Operating Officer". Variety. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Holloway, Daniel (June 21, 2016). "Starz COO Jeffrey Hirsch Renews Deal Through 2020". Variety. Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- Robuck, Mike (July 18, 2011). "Hirsch replaces Howe as Time Warner Cable's CMO". CED. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- Szalai, George (July 16, 2015). "Starz Names Jeffrey Hirsch President of Global Marketing, Product Planning". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- Silbey, Mari (April 5, 2012). "NCTA extends Vanguard honors to NBCU's Bridget Baker and Suddenlink's Jerry Kent". Fierce Cable. Retrieved April 5, 2012.
- Rooney, Jennifer (October 12, 2012). "Apple's Philip Schiller Tops List As Most Influential CMO". Forbes. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- Rooney, Jennifer (October 3, 2013). "The World's Most Influential CMOs". Forbes. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- Afshar, Vala (February 25, 2013). "The Top Social CMOs of Fortune 250 Companies on Twitter". Huffington Post. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Starz Appoints Jeffrey Hirsch Chief Operating Officer". Business Wire. June 21, 2016. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
This article "Jeffrey Hirsch" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.