Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
John Bartholomew (American chess player)
|FIDE rating||2439 (May 2020)|
John Bartholomew is an American chess player born in 1986. He is an International Master. He currently resides in Minnesota.
In 2002 he won the National High School Chess Championship, and in 2006 he became an IM. After leaving law school, he became the coach of David Floeder, a middle school student who won the National K-12 U.S. Chess Federation Championship in 2012. Bartholomew earned his Grandmaster norm at the Saint Louis Classic in 2013. He is a four-time winner of the Okoboji Open.
He has a dedicated YouTube channel of instructional chess videos and has been described as "probably the most famous chess YouTuber of them all." He is the co-founder with David Kramaley of Chessable, a chess education website dedicated to learning chess openings in a systematic manner. The project was launched in November 2015 and the site itself was officially launched on February 22, 2016. 
- Van Abbema, Alex. "Minnesota's international chess star reaches bigger audience with online venture", The Star Tribune, May 13, 2017.
- "Chess champ: St. Paul youth rising through the ranks". Pioneer Press. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Bloomington Student Wins National Chess Tournament". CBS Minnesota. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Johnny B. Good for a GM Norm". US Chess Federation. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- Anzis, Hank (2 May 2014). "Bartholomew Wins 2014 Okoboji Open". US Chess Federation. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Can you topple the king of You-Tube? Chessable's IM John Bartholomew is back". Battersea Chess Club. 17 November 2017. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- Angelini, Daniel (1 May 2017). "Chess fan creates online way to learn and improve your moves". Swindon Advertiser. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- John Bartholomew rating card at FIDELua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "John Bartholomew (American chess player)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.