John D. Ferguson
For the Scottish painter and sculptor, see John Duncan Fergusson.
|John D. Ferguson|
|🏡 Residence||Belle Meade, Tennessee, US|
|🎓 Alma mater||Mississippi State University|
|Chairman of Corrections Corporation of America|
|👩 Spouse(s)||Carole S. Ferguson|
John D. Ferguson is an American businessman. He is the chairman of Corrections Corporation of America.
Ferguson founded Econocom, a company which leased and sold computers, in 1971. Three years later, in 1973, he co-founded a bank, Community Bancshares. He served as its Chief Executive Officer from 1982 1993, and as its Chairman from 1990 to 1995.
In 2015, Ferguson donated US$1,500 in political contributions to Megan Barry's successful campaign to become the new Mayor of Nashville.
Ferguson served on the board of directors of the Tennessee Performing Arts Center. He serves on the board of the Nashville Public Education Foundation. With his wife, he has made charitable contributions to the PENCIL Foundation.
- Corrections Corporation of America: Board of Directors Archived 2015-07-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Company Overview of CCA International, LLC: John D. Ferguson, Bloomberg Business
- Corrections Corp. of America: John D. Ferguson, MarketWatch
- Harrison, Scott (September 8, 2015). "Barry vs. Fox: Who the biggest business names have their money behind for mayor". Nashville Business Journal. Nashville, Tennessee. Retrieved September 13, 2015.
- Tennessee Performing Arts Centers: Past Directors
- Nashville Public Education Foundation: Board of Directors Archived 2015-07-22 at the Wayback Machine
- PENCIL Foundation: Donors Archived 2015-03-15 at the Wayback Machine
- E. Thomas Wood, Headline homes: Nashville's top sales, February 2010 Archived 2015-10-24 at the Wayback Machine, Nashville Post, March 14, 2010
- Headline homes: Nashville's top sales, December 2008, Nashville City Paper, January 8, 2009
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "John D. Ferguson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:John D. Ferguson. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.