On August 24, 2018, Sarah Federico was shot in the stomach, critically wounding her and killing her unborn child. The following day, the incinerated human remains of her boyfriend, Lawrence Howell, were found in a lot adjacent to the home of Joshua Federico, Sarah's estranged husband. Joshua Federico, an American healthcare business executive, was arrested for the double murder.
In December of 2018, Joshua Federico was charged in a murder-for-hire plot, coordinated from his prison cell, to kill three witnesses to the murders. Federico's mother, Wendy M. Federico and brother, Joseph A. Federico, were arrested for their involvement in the murder-for-hire plot. Constantine Trikoulis and Laura C. Miller were also arrested in the murder-for-hire plot. These crimes took place in Chesterfield County, Virginia. Sarah Federico went into hiding.
Joshua Federico filed for divorce June 12, 2018, claiming his wife of six years committed adultery on several occasions. Prior to the murder, Sarah Federico had a protective order against Joshua Federico for extreme cruelty including causing her to have a car accident when the two fought for possession of her cell phone..
- Bowes, Mark. "Chesterfield man charged with shooting wife and killing her boyfriend had accused her of infidelity; she accused him of 'extreme cruelty'". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- Staff Writer. "Murder suspect's son taken into custody during raid". CBS 6. CBS. Retrieved December 9, 2018.
- Staff Writer. "Mother, brother of double murder suspect arrested for alleged plot to kill witnesses". ABC News. ABC. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- Staff Writer. "Multiple family members charged in Chesterfield murder-for-hire plot to kill witnesses in homicide case". NBC News. NBC. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- Staff Writer. "US Marshals join hunt for man charged with murdering estranged wife's boyfriend". CBS6. CBS. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
This article "Joshua Federico" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Joshua Federico. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.