|Born||19th June 1985|
|🏫 Education||Glyndwr University|
|🎓 Alma mater||Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Fine Arts|
Search Karolina Skorek on Amazon.
Karolina Skorek (born June 1985) is a Polish fine art photographer based in Wales, UK, who creates surreal images by combining and modifying photographs and other materials (like illustrations and paintings).
Skorek was born and raised in Sosnowiec, Poland, and graduated from Academy of Fine Arts in Wrocław, Poland, with a master's degree in glass design. Her photography career began when she created a series of photographs that recreated paintings as an appendix to her master's degree show.
She is best known for her fine art photographs where she creates artworks that look both like real photographs and paintings.
Skorek was born in Sosnowiec, Poland, on June 19, 1985. As a child, she trained in classical arts including life drawing and painting. In 2005 she moved to Wrocław, Poland, where she graduated from Academy of Fine Arts in Wrocław, where she continued to train in the classical arts, as well as photography and design. After graduating she moved to Wales, UK, where she graduated from Glyndwr University with a master's degree in illustration. After graduation, she worked as a designer and illustrator.
She captures ideas by combining images in new ways to create what looks like a real painting, yet reminding fully photographic, often with logical inconsistencies or dreamlike scenes to impart an effect of magical realism or even surrealism.
Some finished images are the combination of "hundreds of original photographs" as well as raw materials, and Skorek spends dozens of hours first to conceptualize the idea, sketch it out and create the props and then to create the finished illustration using image manipulation software such as Adobe Photoshop to alter the image digitally and to illustrate the idea.
Karolina uses old myths and her own experiences and dreams. Her works are laced with symbolism and familiarity. They are a celebration of the human form, an exploration of light and shadow, and evoke sentiments of ancient myths, and lost civilisations. Their familiarity invites us in, and their symbolism entwines with own narratives, memories, desires and beliefs, to grant us access to the fertile and unchartered ground within our own consciousness.
Karolina works have been published and featured internationally including the recent appearance of her Sukki Singapora portraits in Singapore Social on Netflix, as well as Photo China, Vogue Italia and Wróżka. She recently placed 19th in the Portrait Masters competition in the Teens and Seniors Portrait Category. Her works were shown digitally and printed across Europe and in the United States of America.
- "Interview with photographer Karolina Skorek". Sheeba Magazine. July 2016. Unknown parameter
- Herz, Henry (August 20, 2016). "Who Says Fae Aren't Real?". HENRYHERZ.COM. Unknown parameter
- "University's current and former students present their photography work at exhibit". Glyndwr University. Unknown parameter
- "Slavic Shirts". Unknown parameter
- "IMDb Karolina Skorek". IMDb. Unknown parameter
- "波蘭女攝影師Karolina Skorek︰發白日夢能幫助攝影創作！". Photo News. September 2016. Unknown parameter
- "PhotoVogue Italia". Vogue Italia. Unknown parameter
- Ross, Natalia (January 2020). "Wyobraź sobie, że..." Wróżka Magazyn. Retrieved 29 January 2020. Unknown parameter
- Redakcja (2019-09-24). "Sosnowiczanka Karolina Skorek znalazła się w prestiżowym rankingu fotografów". Dziennik Zachodni (in polski). Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "Award Galleries". Sue Bryce Education. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "Karolina Skorek Photography | Curriculum Vitae". Retrieved 2020-01-30.
This article "Karolina Skorek" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Karolina Skorek. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.