|🎓 Alma mater||Cornell University, St. Stephen's College, Delhi|
Co-founder & COO, Artoo
Kavita Nehemiah is an Indian social entrepreneur and the co-founder of the FinTech firm, Artoo. She cofounded the firm with Sameer Segal in May, 2010 in Bangalore, hoping to help the financially excluded through business strategies and market-based approaches.
Early life and education
Kavita grew up in Vellore, Tamil Nadu and attended Lawrence School Lovedale, Ooty, India. She holds an undergraduate degree in BA Economics (Hons.) from St. Stephen's College, Delhi, and an MBA from Cornell University.
Growing up in a small town in India, where her entrepreneur father set up his factory, Kavita has always been fascinated by how economic opportunities can transform entire areas. Since then she has aspired to discover and implement transformative solutions to poverty.
After earning her undergraduate degree, Kavita joined the then fledgling MFI Ujjivan Financial Services, where her experience spanned different functions, including credit and risk analysis, market research, and product development. At Ujjivan, she spearheaded and started their Individual Lending vertical.
She then went on to do an MBA from Cornell University, after which she cofounded Artoo with Sameer Segal. She is COO at Artoo and collaborates closely with Sameer Segal.
She has also worked in a consulting capacity with Rent-to-Own Africa (a micro-asset leasing company based in Lusaka, Zambia), VisionSpring (previously Scojo Foundation, based in New York), and as a summer intern with Elevar Equity.
Kavita received the Peter and Alice Von Loesecke Scholarship, 2010, to pursue her MBA. The scholarship is awarded to those intending to build a socially responsible venture and generate employment opportunities in their home country after the completion of their studies.
She has spoken at several events on topics ranging from entrepreneurship, building your business, and fundraising. She represented Artoo at SoFI 2016, The MasterCard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion at Kigali, Rwanda. Artoo was the runner-up at Annual MasterCard Foundation Clients at the Centre Prize.
- Siva, Meera (2014-07-27). "Going social for a cause". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- Vageesh, NS (2016-10-17). "Artoo makes it easier to lend to small businesses". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- Ghosh, Aparna (13 October 2013). "Artoo | A solution to serve the bottom of the pyramid". livemint.com/. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "Future MBA students win $40,000 in scholarships for their studies abroad". epaper.timesofindia.com. Archived from the original on 6 March 2019. Retrieved 2016-12-08. Unknown parameter
- "Entrepreneurs share insights on building Social Startups – The Social Enterprise Summit Bangalore | Headstart". headstart.in. 29 November 2015. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- Foundation, MasterCard (2015-04-16). "HOME". Mastercard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion 2016. Archived from the original on 1 March 2020. Retrieved 2016-12-08. Unknown parameter
- Foundation, MasterCard. "Hello Paisa Wins Second Annual MasterCard Foundation Clients at the Centre Prize". Mastercard Foundation Symposium on Financial Inclusion 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
This article "Kavita Nehemiah" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kavita Nehemiah. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.