Kenneth Johnson (Mormon)
|Second Quorum of the Seventy|
|31 March 1990– 3 April 1993|
|End reason||Transferred to First Quorum of the Seventy|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|3 April 1993– 2 October 2010|
|End reason||Granted general authority emeritus status|
|Emeritus General Authority|
|2 October 2010|
|Born||5 July 1940|
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Kenneth Johnson (born 5 July 1940) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 1990. Since 2010 he has been an emeritus general authority.
Johnson was born in Norwich, England. He joined the LDS Church in 1959 after having been introduced to the church by Pamela Wilson; he was baptized by Wilson's father, Tom. Johnson married Pamela on March 24, 1962 and they are the parents of a son.
Johnson was employed as a printer but switched to being an insurance broker in 1964.
Johnson has served in the LDS Church as president of the Norwich England Stake and as a regional representative. He was called to the church's Second Quorum of the Seventy in 1990 and was transferred to the First Quorum of the Seventy in 1993.
On October 2, 2010, Johnson was released from the First Quorum of the Seventy and designated as an emeritus general authority at the church's semi-annual general conference.
In 2013, Johnson was called as president of the London England Temple.
- Scott Taylor (October 3, 2010). "Five Mormon Church leaders given emeritus status". Deseret News. Salt Lake City, Utah. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "New temple presidents", Church News, 2013-05-12, p. 12.
- Dell Van Orden, "His enthusiasm for life is infectious", Church News, 19 May 1990, retrieved 7 May 2014.
- 2008 Deseret Morning News Church Almanac (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Morning News, 2007) p. 47
- "Elder Kenneth Johnson Of the Seventy", Ensign, May 1990, p. 105
This article "Kenneth Johnson (Mormon)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kenneth Johnson (Mormon). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.