Killshot (Eminem song)
|Song by Eminem|
|Released||September 14, 2018|
|Genre||Hip hop Hardcore hip hop|
|Producer(s)||Illa da Producer|
"Killshot" (stylized KILLSHOT) is a diss track written and performed by American rapper Eminem and produced by Illa da Producer. The song is Eminem's response to “Rap Devil” by Machine Gun Kelly.
Background and release
In 2012, Machine Gun Kelly made a tweet about Eminem's daughter, Hailie Mathers. The tweet read, "ok so I just saw a picture of Eminem's daughter...and I have to say, she is hot as fuck, in the most respectful way possible cuz Em is king." Mathers was 16 at the time while Kelly was 22. After this, Kelly made claims that Eminem banned him from going to Shade 45, a radio station owned by Eminem. Kelly also collaborated on a song with Tech N9ne and allegedly sent subliminal disses towards Eminem. On August 31, 2018, Eminem released a surprise album Kamikaze in which he dissed several artists.
On the song "Not Alike," Eminem made several disses aimed at Kelly. Kelly then later responded with “Rap Devil”, releasing a music video for the song as well on September 3, 2018. After Kelly released "Rap Devil", Eminem released an interview with Sway Calloway, in which Eminem was asked about the feud. Eminem explained that he did not know how to respond due to the fact that he does not want to make Kelly bigger. On September 14, 2018, Eminem surpisingly released "Killshot."
"Killshot" had gained over 36.16 million views within the first 24 hours of releasing on YouTube, making it the ninth most-viewed online videos in the first 24 hours, and the most for an audio only release on the YouTube platform.[unreliable source?]
Machine Gun Kelly responded in a tweet, critizing Eminem for what he perceived as a slow response. Rapper Jay Electronica criticized Eminem for a line in the song where he accused that Diddy had Tupac killed. Female rapper Iggy Azalea was name dropped in the song and she let out a series of tweets reacting to and criticizing the lyrics, calling the bars "lazy."
- Lamarre, Carl (September 14, 2018). "Eminem Fires Back at Machine Gun Kelly With Blistering Diss Record 'Killshot'". Billboard. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "KILLSHOT [Official Audio] YouTube Video Database". September 15, 2018. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- C. Vernon Coleman II (September 15, 2018). "Machine Gun Kelly Calls Eminem's "Killshot" Diss Trash - XXL". XXL Mag. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Mojica, Nick (September 14, 2018). "Jay Electronica Slams Eminem for Accusing Diddy of Killing Tupac - XXL". XXL Mag. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Zidel, Alex (September 14, 2018). "Iggy Azalea Reacts To Being Name-Dropped On Eminem's 'KILLSHOT'". HotNewHipHop.
This article "Killshot (Eminem song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Killshot (Eminem song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.