Kumar Rajagopalan: CEO, RAI
|🏫 Education||Chartered Accountant|
|Title||CEO of Retailers Association of India (RAI)|
Kumar Rajagopalan is an Indian retail industry expert. He is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and official Spokesperson of Retailers Association of India (RAI), a not-for-profit, which is the apex body for retailers in India. Kumar is also a Director with Retailers Association’s Skill Council India (RASCI) and an Independent Director on Board with Aeon Credit Service India Private Limited. He has handled senior executive positions at reputed companies like Crossword Bookstores, Shoppers Stop, and IBM. 
Kumar became a Chartered Accountant at the tender age of 21 and started working soon after. He completed an Executive Development program in Competitive Marketing Strategy from IIM Bangalore. He has also done a course on Strategic Planning & Management in Retailing from IGDS.
Kumar started working as a Chartered Accountant (CA) at the age of 17. He was a part of the start-up team of Shoppers Stop Ltd. In his illustrious, 13-year long tenure at Shoppers Stop, he took on eclectic roles including Head of Finance and Systems, Head of Operation, Head of Buying and Merchandising for Non-apparels, Head of concessions, and Head of a venture called Bargains. Kumar then assumed the positions of the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Crossword Bookstores Ltd. Kumar's stint at Shoppers Stop ended in 2006 when he joined IBM India as the Country Head- Retail Solutions. In 2009, Kumar joined Retailers Association of India as the CEO. Subsequently, he became a Director with Retailers Association’s Skill Council India and an Independent Director on Board with Aeon Credit Services India.
Kumar Rajagopalan specializes in management consulting, taxation, audit and corporate matters. He is widely respected in the industry for his business acumen and turn-around skills. In his retail career, he has mentored several promising retail executives who now spearhead large retail organisations. Kumar is associated with numerous bodies that aid and promote retail like FIRAE, TRRAIN and the National Retail Federation-USA. He is often seen rendering guest lectures and taking workshops for industry professionals as well as business institutions. Kumar regularly contributes to magazines and newspapers with his articles and insights on retail-related subjects.        
- "Meet Kumar Rajagopalan, the man behind Indian retailers' fight against e-commerce companies".
- "Stocks". Bloomberg.com.
- "It is important to create an impact on shoppers mind: Kumar Rajagopalan".
- "विरोधी प्रचारानंतरही चिनी ड्रॅगनचा बाजाराला विळखा". 17 October 2017.
- Ahluwalia, Harveen (20 February 2018). "Millennials to redefine India's consumption story: report".
- Joshi, Malvika (12 December 2017). "Retailers' association writes to RBI seeking revision of MDR".
- "Retailers Association of India CEO Kumar Rajagopalan said". 1 February 2017.
- Narasimhan, T. E. (9 May 2018). "Flipkart-Walmart deal: We need a level playing field, say retailers" – via Business Standard.
- "Amazon flouting Indian rules by enlisting Amazon Export Sales as seller, allege retailers - Firstpost". www.firstpost.com.
This article "Kumar Rajagopalan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kumar Rajagopalan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.