|🏫 Education||B.A. Philosophy|
|🎓 Alma mater||Wilson College (BA) |
SVKM's NMIMS (discontinued)
|Founder of FreeCharge |
Founder of CRED
Kunal Shah is an Indian entrepreneur, founder of CRED, founder and ex-CEO of FreeCharge.
Shah graduated with Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from Wilson College, Mumbai and briefly pursued MBA from SVKM's NMIMS before dropping out. He started his career as a junior programmer at a business process outsourcing startup. Shah's first startup venture was a company named Paisaback, which provided cash-back promotions for organized retailers.
Kunal made a cameo appearance in the 4th episode of TVF Pitchers where he played the role of a startup event judge.
Shah founded FreeCharge in 2010, along with Sandeep Tandon, seeing the potential of online recharging in a growing market. In April 2015, FreeCharge was acquired by Snapdeal for an estimated amount of $400 million. Shah was appointed as the new CEO of the company. Kunal also led the acquisitions of Wishberg and Preburn in 2014. Shah is an active angel investor in a number of startups such as Innov8, Spinny, Zepo, Unacademy, and Bharat Bazaar.
- Menon, Rashmi (2 October 2015). "When Freecharge's Kunal Shah had to choose between a new house and a new venture". The Economic Times. ET Bureau. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- PK, Jayadevan (9 April 2015). "Kunal Shah: Meet the man behind online mobile recharge platform Freecharge". The Economic Times. ET Bureau. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "Sequoia Capital: Freecharge chairman Kunal Shah joins Sequoia Capital as advisor - The Economic Times". m.economictimes.com. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- Prasad, Akanksha (28 September 2015). "Our Real Competition Is Cash, We Need Drive The Shift From Cash To Cashless: Kunal Shah, FreeCharge". Inc42 Magazine. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Snapdeal buys Freecharge for $400m". The Economic Times. Bengaluru. TNN. 9 April 2015. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- Suthar, Jeet (10 April 2015). "Post Snapdeal acquisition, FreeCharge CEO Alok Goel steps down, Founder Kunal Shah takes Charge". Tech-Portal. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "STARTUP GRIND HOSTED KUNAL SHAH (CEO & CO-FOUNDER, FREECHARGE)". Startup Grind. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Once An Entrepreneur, Always An Entrepreneur: Kunal Shah To Kickstart His Startup Journey Again!". Inc42 Media. 2018-01-25. Retrieved 2018-08-26.
This article "Kunal Shah (entrepreneur)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kunal Shah (entrepreneur). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.