Tiendas La Gloria, Inc.
|Founder 👔||Epifanio Vidal y Peralta|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Mayagüez, Puerto Rico,
Number of locations
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
La Gloria is a Puerto Rican shoe store chain which was founded in 1940, and has stores in 37 of the 78 municipalities of Puerto Rico, including one in Plaza Carolina, near Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport in Carolina, in Caguas and Ponce.
The first La Gloria store opened in 1940 and by 1995 there were 40 stores. The chain was founded by Mr. Epifanio Vidal y Peralta, who was born in 1896. In the 1970s Shops La Gloria could be found in malls across the island.
During much of its existence, La Gloria has faced stiff opposition from Almacenes Gonzalez, another nationwide Puerto Rican shoe retailer store chain, and, for children's shoes, with Chiquitin, a store chain which catered to children and teenagers' shoe needs. A study by Stanford Klapper Associates published in 1993 affirmed that La Gloria stores had the most visitors of any other shoe store chains on the island.
Its headquarters are in Mayagüez and its shoes are manufactured in Taiwan. Its slogan has been "your feet on the ground, your shoes in La Gloria" (in Spanish, "sus pies en la tierra, sus zapatos en La Gloria").
In late 2018, La Gloria was one of the establishments participating in a Corporate Social Responsibility program providing more than 600 families with school supplies.
- "Tiendas La Gloria homepage". lagloriapr.net. La Gloria.
- "La Gloria at Plaza Carolina - A Shopping Center in Carolina, PR - A Simon Property". www.simon.com. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- "Tiendas LA Gloria Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- United States. Federal Communications Commission (1951). Federal Communications Commission Reports. V. 1-45, 1934/35-1962/64; 2d Ser., V. 1- July 17/Dec. 27, 1965-. Federal Communications Commission. Search this book on
- Laura L. Ortiz-Negrón (30 November 2012). Shopping en Puerto Rico:: Prácticas, significados y subjetividades de consumo. BookBaby. pp. 261–. ISBN 978-1-62309-919-0. Search this book on
- "Sus pies en la tierra". Archived from the original on 2016-06-29. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Epifanio Vidal y Peralta". geni.com.
- "La Gloria: "55 Anos Cuidando Sus Pasos"". El Nuevo Día. August 7, 1995. Archived from the original on 2017-05-10. Retrieved 2019-01-15.(in Spanish)
- "Humberto Vidal - Zapatos Medias Carteras". www.humbertovidal.com. Archived from the original on 2018-04-20. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- "Tiendas La Gloria, Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "Sample shipment record for Tiendas La Gloria Inc". importgenius. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- Vélez Candelario, Azyadeth (September 11, 2009). "Noticias y Eventos". UPRM (in Spanish). Retrieved 22 January 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Registry of Corporations and Entities". prcorpfiling.
- "Más de 600 familias en Arecibo reciben ayuda para comprar materiales escolares". El Vocero (in Spanish). December 7, 2018. Retrieved 1 February 2019.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "La Gloria (shoe retailer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:La Gloria (shoe retailer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.