|Born||1997 (age 23–24)|
|🏫 Education||BA Arabic Jamia Millia Islamia,|
|🎓 Alma mater||Dheenul Islam Sabha Girls Higher Secondary School, Kannur University|
|Citizenship Amendment Act protests|
Ladeeda Farzana is an Indian student activist of Jamia Millia Islamia. She participated in the Citizenship Amendment Act protests. Ladeeda was one of the members of the protest committee against CAA that was formed in Jamia campus.
Early life and education
Ladeeda was born into a Malayali family at Kannur City of Kerala on 12 May 1997. After completing her secondary schooling at Dheenul Islam Sabha Girls Higher Secondary School, Kannur, Ladeeda Joined for BA Ecnomics in Sir Syed College (Taliparamba) of Kannur University. Later she Joined BA Arabic in Jamia Millia Islamia
Farzana took part in the anti-CAA protests on December 15 in Jamia Millia Islamia University in Delhi. During the protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) at Jamia on December 15, visuals of her forming a protective circle with her friends to protect a friend and defying police threats of brutality became viral. Ladeeda Farzana attended the "Million march" held in Hydrabad on 22 December 2019 against CAA and gave a short speech during the protest.
On 8 January, Shashi Tharoor tweeted about a slogan raised by students at Malappuram, Kerala, which includes "Say it on the Barricades: La Ilaha Illa Allah" and "Tera Mera Rishta Kya: La Ilaha Illa Allah" (What is the relationship between You and I: There is no God but Allah). Shashi Tharoor wrote an Article criticizing such slogans in a public protest and suggested that the constitution of India defines our relationship as Indian. As a reply to Tharoor, Ladeeda Farzana wrote a letter justifying her claim that Indian secularism recognises everyone's right to believe and profess religion and it is Islamophobia working among liberals.
- DelhiDecember 19, Fact Check Bureau New; December 20, 2019UPDATED:; Ist, 2019 13:14. "All you wanted to know about these 'sheros' of Jamia". India Today. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- "I never wanted to be an activist, but in current circumstances, I had to take a stand: Jamia student Ladeeda Farzana". The Indian Express. 2020-01-05. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- Dec 17, Binu Karunakaran | TNN | Updated:; 2019; Ist, 10:30. "Malayali women turn icons of anti-CAA student protest | Kochi News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- "'Wanted Our Voice To Reach Miles': Meet Jamia Millia Islamia's Three Girls Protesting Against Citizenship Act". outlookindia.com. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- Gupta, Rudrani (2019-12-26). "Who Is Ladeeda Sakhaloon, The Face Of Jamia Protest Against CAA". SheThePeople TV. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- "Jamia students Aysha, Ladeeda attend anti-CAA meet in Hyd, get rousing reception". www.thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- Network, Newsmeter (2019-12-28). "In Conversation: Jamia students Ladeeda Farzana, Aysha Renna". NewsMeter. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- Ladeeda Farzana on TwitterLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Ladeeda Farzana" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ladeeda Farzana. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.