Leslie Doggett Industries
Leslie Doggett Industries / Doggett Equipment Services Group
Leslie Doggett Industries / Doggett Equipment Services Group is a US-based company with headquarters in Houston, Texas. In addition to selling heavy equipment and automobiles, it rents and provides replacement parts and routine maintenance for heavy equipment as well as repairs and support services for heavy equipment and engines of all kinds. Its major brands are John Deere Construction and Forestry Equipment (State of Louisiana, East and South Texas), Toyota Industrial Equipment (forklifts - operating out of Houston and the southern half of Texas), Freightliner Highway and Severe Duty Trucks (a Daimler Trucks North American Company operating out of the State of Arkansas and the Southern half of Texas), LinkBelt Cranes (state of Louisiana) and Ford Automotive, light, super duty and commercial trucks (Greater Houston Market).
Doggett was ranked as Houston's 10th largest private company by the Houston Chronicle in 2017 with 33 full-service heavy equipment dealerships including 4 Freightliner on-highway and vocational trucks dealerships (dump, waste, mixer and trash bodied trucks), 17 John Deere Construction and Forestry Equipment dealerships, 4 Link Belt Crane dealerships, and 7 Toyota Industrial Equipment (forklifts) dealerships. With over $1 billion in sales and 1,300+ full time employees, Doggett is one of North America's largest heavy equipment dealership groups. In June of 2018, Doggett was named 9th private company by the Houston Chronicle for 2018 with a 16 percent increase in growth from 2017. Doggett is family owned without private equity or outside investment.
On May 1, 2018, Doggett Industries made a major move towards its goal to diversify the company by purchasing Lone Star Ford of Houston.
1993: The founding of Doggett Equipment Services Group
Good friends since childhood, Leslie Doggett and Brady Carruth, acquired Toyota Lift of Houston from Gulf States Toyota in 1993 (Carruth sold his interest to Doggett in 1999). Doggett’s sales and operations background combined with Carruth’s finance and insurance background, created a partnership that had a solid business foundation and was eager for growth. With 18 employees, Doggett and Carruth set out to grow Toyota forklift sales and service consistent with their philosophy: guarantee customer’s uptime of equipment on an at-risk basis.
Toyota Lift of Houston’s market share quickly rose from 7% to more than 40% in certain forklift classes. Today, Doggett’s material handling business, through acquisitions of south and west Texas dealerships, is the largest and highest volume Toyota Industrial Dealer in the United States.
1995: Case Construction Equipment
The company buys Case Construction Equipment dealerships of Houston, Bryan, Brenham, Alvin and south Houston.
1998: J&J Rentals
The company acquires J&J Rentals of Houston.
1999: $100 million revenue / Equipment Support Services
- Doggett Industries hits about $100 million in revenue.
- The company buys and then sells Equipment Support Services, a Case dealer for Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Memphis and surrounding markets.
2002: Southwest Lift - Toyota Forklift
Doggett buys Southwest Lift - Toyota Forklift dealerships of San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Pharr, Laredo, Austin and El Paso.
2005: Deere Construction Equipment
The company acquires Deere Construction Equipment dealerships in South Texas in Corpus Christi, Victoria, Pharr, Brownsville.
Doggett buys Nortrax - Deere Construction Equipment dealerships for the state of Louisiana and East Texas. The deal encompasses 11 dealerships.
2010: Rush Houston
The company buys Rush Houston - Deere Construction Equipment dealerships in Houston, Bryan and Beaumont.
- The company acquires Freightliner dealerships in San Antonio and Laredo.
- The company buys Freightliner dealerships of Pharr/McAllen.
2014: Stewart & Stevenson Freightliner
Doggett acquires Stewart & Stevenson Freightliner dealership of El Paso.
2016: LinkBelt Crane
The company buys the LinkBelt Crane franchise for Louisiana.
2018: Lone Star Ford / Freightliner
- Doggett acquires Lone Star Ford in Houston.
- The company buys the Freightliner dealerships for Arkansas in Little Rock, Springdale and Van Buren.
- "No. 10: Heavy equipment dealer Leslie Doggett Industries makes the grade". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "No. 9 private: Doggett a heavyweight in heavy machinery". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Doggett Industries acquires Lone Star Ford dealership". www.msn.com. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Meet the Houstonian behind a billion-dollar company that's 'quietly crushing it'". bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "WL Doggett LLC Acquires All John Deere Construction Equipment Dealerships in Louisiana & East Texas for $103 Million". Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Leslie Doggett Acquires Rush Enterprises' Texas and Louisiana Deere Dealerships". rermag.com. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Doggett Truck Group buys three south Texas Daimler truck dealerships". www.successfuldealer.com. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Leslie Doggett Industries Acquires Lone Star Ford - New York Times". markets.on.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Houston private co. acquires yet another dealership for $100M". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
This article "Leslie Doggett Industries" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Leslie Doggett Industries. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.