Lewelling, Milwaukie, Oregon
Neighborhood of Milwaukie, Oregon
Park grounds behind Seth Lewelling Elementary School
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (Pacific)|
|Area code||503, 971|
Lewelling is a residential neighborhood in Milwaukie, Oregon, United States, located in the northwest part of the city. It is bordered by Johnson Creek Blvd. (and Portland, Oregon) on the West, Stanley Ave. on the East, King Rd. on the South, and 42nd Ave. on the West, with some exceptions where it sticks out into the other neighborhoods.
Lewelling was founded and platted by Seth Lewelling, who created the Bing cherry in Lewelling in 1875.
Lewelling is part of the North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District.
Lewelling currently has 2 parks:
- Ball-Michel Park - SE Stanley and Willow
- Lewelling Elementary School Park - SE Logus
Lewelling, as well as the entire city, is served by TriMet.
Lewelling is served by the following Bus Lines:
- 75 - Milwaukie/St. Johns
- 34 - Oregon City/Clackamas Town Center Mall
- 33 - Clackamas Community College/Downtown Portland
Lewelling is also within walking distance of the Southeast Tacoma/Johnson Creek station of the MAX Light Rail's Orange Line
Lewelling is located within and served by the North Clackamas School District. Lewelling is assigned to the following schools:
- Seth Lewelling Elementary School
- Rowe Middle School
- Milwaukie High School
- Seth Lewelling - Orchardist, creator of Bing cherry
- Mike Richardson - Founder of Dark Horse Comics
- "Neighborhood District Maps | City of Milwaukie Oregon Official Website". www.milwaukieoregon.gov. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- TriMet. "TriMet". trimet.org. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
This article "Lewelling, Milwaukie, Oregon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lewelling, Milwaukie, Oregon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.