Libera (think tank)
|Founder(s)||Gustav von Hertzen, Petri Kajander|
|Mission||To support and advance individual liberty, free enterprise, free markets and a free society|
|Key people||Mikko Kiesiläinen (Managing Director)|
The Libera Foundation, commonly known as Libera, is an independent and politically unaffiliated think tank located in Helsinki, Finland that, according to them, supports and advances individual liberty, free enterprise, free markets and a free society.. Mikko Kiesiläinen has served as the director of the think tank since January 2018.
Libera was founded in May of 2011 by Gustav von Hertzen and, the first director of the foundation, Petri Kajander. Finnish politician Elina Lepomäki acts as the Chair of the Board of the foundation. Other notable members of the board include Björn Wahlroos, the Chairman of the Board in Sampo Group, Nordea and UPM-Kymmene, and Toomas Ilves, former President of Estonia.
According to the think tank, they are funded by private individuals, companies, associations and foundations. They do not accept any public funds or take on any consulting assignments, and have not aligned with any political party. A significant part of their work is done on a voluntary basis.
In 2016, the Global Go To Think Tank Index Report ranked Libera 60th on a global list of think tanks to watch
Complaint to the European Commission
In 2018, Libera submitted a complaint to the European Commission regarding the universally binding nature of collective bargaining agreements in Finland.. They argued that the collective bargaining agreements allow employers unions to work in a “cartel-like fashion”, since they can make collective bargaining agreements “beneficial to themselves” and only companies that belong to employers unions may partake in local bargaining. They also argued that the universally binding nature of the agreement contradicts EU law regarding the right for companies to select their domicile within the EU
- "About Libera". Ajatuspaja Libera. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Mikko Kiesiläinen is the New Managing Director of Libera". Ajatuspaja Libera. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- J. G. McGann, 2016. 2015 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report. Retreived from: https://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1009&context=think_tanks
- "Libera files complaint against binding nature of CBAs in Finland". www.helsinkitimes.fi. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
- "Libera: EU Commission to consider complaint against binding nature of Finnish CBAs". www.helsinkitimes.fi. Retrieved 2019-04-24.
This article "Libera (think tank)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Libera (think tank). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.