List of Minecraft blocks
This article, List of Minecraft blocks, has recently been created via the Articles for creation process. The reviewer is in the process of closing the request, and this tag should be removed soon.
Script error: No such module "AfC submission catcheck".
This is a list of blocks in the sandbox video game Minecraft.
|Plot element from Minecraft|
|First appearance||July 3, 2010|
|Function||Logic circuit construction, wire formation|
|Specific traits and abilities||Electric|
Redstone is a fictional material in the video game Minecraft, used within the game to construct logic circuits. It is the basis of Minecraft's rudimentary electricity mechanics, although it can be used in conjunction with other blocks in order to construct complex circuits. It was added into the game on July 3, 2010. It can be used to make primitive mechanical devices, electrical circuits, and logic gates, allowing for the construction of many complex systems.
Markus Persson first mentioned the idea of adding Redstone wires to the game on May 21, 2010. He suggested wires that sent a pulse when a pulse was received. He also suggested a pressure plate and some form of pulley system. Redstone was added to the game in an Alpha update on July 3, 2010, as part of a "Secret Update". The original name for Redstone was "Red Ore Dust". The block gained functionality in the Beta versions of the game, where it was used to craft various blocks and to power circuits. Update 1.5, named the Redstone update, added a variety of Redstone mechanics, including Hoppers, Daylight Sensors, and Redstone Comparators. Update 1.16 tweaked the placement of the Redstone wire, causing it to change state depending on the surrounding blocks.
Redstone can be found by mining its ore in caves. There are multiple uses for the material. The dust can be placed to form wires, or used as a material to craft different blocks, which can be used in cirrcuits. The most common applications include for use in mechanisms, electrics and illumination. More specifically, it can be used for traps, lighting, crafting, automatically operating farms, home defence and moving and storing items. While Redstone is a specific block and item in Minecraft, it is used as an umbrella term to refer to all related blocks and circuits.
Redstone has become a large subcommunity for Minecraft.
In 2015, Microsoft codenamed its Windows 10 software updates "Redstone"
|Plot element from Minecraft|
|First appearance||June 23, 2020|
|Function||Armour, Weapons, Tools|
|Specific traits and abilities||Lava-resistant|
Netherite is a rare material in the sandbox video game Minecraft, added in The Nether Update. It was added into the game on July 1, 2020.
Netherite ingots can be used to upgrade any diamond tool to a Netherite tool in a smithing table. Turning diamond tools into netherite tools will make them lava and fire resistant.
This article "List of Minecraft blocks" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of Minecraft blocks. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Tito, Greg (4 October 2010). "Player Creates Working Computer in Minecraft". The Escapist. Alloy Digital. Archived from the original on 8 October 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2011. Unknown parameter
- "My list on tile types so far". The Word of Notch. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "Seecret Friday update the third! OooooOOOoo!". The Word of Notch. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "Minecraft Redstone Update hits March 13, pre-release out now". Engadget. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "Minecraft's latest Java snapshot changes redstone wires a bit". Windows Central. May 1, 2020. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "Minecraft: 15 Insanely Useful Redstone Contraptions". Game Rant. February 9, 2020. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "Engineering with Redstone in Minecraft". dummies. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "Minecraft: How to Make a Redstone Lamp". Twinfinite. August 4, 2020. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "Getting started with Redstone in Minecraft". Minecraft Help Centre. Retrieved 2020-09-14. Unknown parameter
- "Minecraft Redstone Tutorial: how to make your own mechanisms". PCGamesN. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "How to make a redstone repeater in Minecraft". Gamepur. July 17, 2020. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- Warren, Tom (2015-04-07). "Microsoft plans 'Redstone' updates for Windows 10 in 2016". The Verge. Retrieved 2020-09-14.
- James, Sarah; Hurley, Leon; July 2020, Ford James 01. "Minecraft Nether update: 2.08 fixes some bugs and crashes". gamesradar. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- June 2020, Ford James 24. "Minecraft Netherite armor: How to get a full kit made of Netherite". gamesradar. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Lee, Julia (June 23, 2020). "Minecraft guide: Where to find Ancient Debris and Netherite Ingots". Polygon. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Toms, Ollie (June 30, 2020). "Minecraft Netherite: how to get the new best tools and armor in Minecraft". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- "Minecraft netherite: effects and how to make netherite". PCGamesN. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Phillips, Tom (June 18, 2020). "Minecraft's big Nether Update arrives next week". Eurogamer. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Palmer, Philip (August 25, 2020). "Minecraft updates: The latest Java and Bedrock patch notes". PC Gamer. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Coles, Jason (July 7, 2020). "How to get Ancient Debris in Minecraft". PC Gamer. Retrieved September 11, 2020.