List of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic
This list of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic, displayed in chronological order, includes a list of areas where the spread of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) has overwhelmed healthcare infrastructures, exceeding healthcare system capacity and requiring the use of triage in order to ration care for COVID-19 patients, such as not accepting certain patients or not providing certain care such as access to ventilators. Many governments and members of civil society took measures that aimed to flatten the curve, either by limiting spread or by increasing healthcare system capacity, and to thereby prevent such an outcome.
|Start||End||Country||Urban area||Shortages, comments and sources|
|Late January||Late February||China||Wuhan, Hubei||Turn away most patients due to health care facility capacity overwhelmed.|
|February 2020||Italy||Bergamo||Some patients could not be intubated in the hospital to which they had been admitted, so they had to be moved to another hospital where they were able to be intubated.|
|Late April 2020||Brazil||Manaus||3 times more deaths than usual.|
|May 2020||Peru||Loreto||Oxygen therapy shortage.|
|Early May 2020||Mexico||Tijuana||Bed shortage|
|Early May 2020||Mexico||Mexico City||Some hospitals were too busy to care for patients properly.|
|Early May 2020||India||Delhi|||
|11 May 2020||India||Mubai|||
|Early May 2020||Nigeria|||
|Early May 2020||Somalia||Mogadishu|||
|May 22, 2020||USA-Mexico border||Southern California||80-bed non-COVID temporary addition, many patients are US citizens residing in nearby Mexican towns who were turned away locally.|
|July, 2020||Algeria||Patients sleeping on the floor, large parts of hospitals turned into COVID-19 services, suspicions that official numbers are large underestimates.|
Others articles of the Topics Coronavirus disease 2019 AND Medicine : COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth of Independent States, List of SARS outbreaks, List of deaths due to COVID-19, Zorecimeran, ARCT-021, List of cancellations, closures and postponements in California during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, CoviVac
Others articles of the Topics Medicine AND Viruses : ZyCoV-D, CoviVac, PTX-COVID19-B, Zorecimeran, ARCT-021, List of deaths due to COVID-19, List of SARS outbreaks
Others articles of the Topics Coronavirus disease 2019 AND Viruses : List of SARS outbreaks, PTX-COVID19-B, ZyCoV-D, List of deaths due to COVID-19, ARCT-021, CoviVac, Zorecimeran
Others articles of the Topic Coronavirus disease 2019 : West Bengal COVID-19, TrumpVirus, Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Universal Pictures, List of healthcare workers who died during COVID-19 pandemic, CoviVac, ARCT-021, List of SARS outbreaks
Others articles of the Topic Medicine : COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth of Independent States, Alexandre Loupy, Laurent Schwartz, Grady A. Dugas, M.D., ZyCoV-D, TrumpVirus, Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Universal Pictures
Others articles of the Topic Viruses : ARCT-021, Zorecimeran, List of SARS outbreaks, PTX-COVID19-B, Coronavirus, ZyCoV-D, List of deaths due to COVID-19
- Shortages related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on hospitals
- Wang, Shan Li and Joyu (February 6, 2020). "Wuhan Coronavirus Hospitals Turn Away All but Most Severe Cases" – via www.wsj.com.
- Canettieri, Simone (11 March 2020). "Coronavirus, il sindaco di Bergamo Gori: "I pazienti non trattabili muoiono". Poi la retromarcia" [Coronavirus, the mayor of Bergamo Gori: "Untreatable patients die". Then reverse]. Il Messaggero (in Italian). Retrieved 27 July 2020.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Kurmanaev, Anatoly; Andreoni, Manuela; Casado, Letícia; Taj, Mitra (2020-05-12). "Latin America's Outbreaks Now Rival Europe's. But Its Options Are Worse". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Limited, Bangkok Post Public Company. "Anguish in Brazil's ICU units overwhelmed by COVID-19". bangkokpost.com. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Hospitals in Brazil's largest city 'near collapse'". BBC News. 2020-05-18. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Phillips, Tom; Sadiq, Maheen; Chulani, Nikhita; credited, Source: As (May 22, 2020). "Why has Brazil been so badly hit by coronavirus? – video explainer" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Ahmed, Azam; Berehulak, Daniel (2020-05-08). "Hidden Toll: Mexico Ignores Wave of Coronavirus Deaths in Capital". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Kitroeff, Natalie; Villegas, Paulina (2020-05-28). "'It's Not The Virus': Mexico's Broken Hospitals Become Killers, Too". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-28.
- "With hospitals overwhelmed, pregnant women left with no care or place to give birth". Hindustan Times. 2020-05-02. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Shock in India at hospital footage of bodies lying next to Covid-19 patients". the Guardian. 2020-05-11. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- AFP (2020-05-16). "'It's exploding': Overwhelmed Mumbai hospitals near collapse". Free Malaysia Today. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Nigerian Coronavirus Outbreak Highlights Emerging Threat in Africa". The New York Times. 2020-05-17. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Maclean, Ruth (2020-05-17). "Covid-19 Outbreak in Nigeria Is Just One of Africa's Alarming Hot Spots". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Reinforcements sent to California border hospital hit by coronavirus surge". Reuters. 2020-05-22. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "Coronavirus : en Algérie, une augmentation des cas inquiétante". July 11, 2020 – via Le Monde.
|This article about the COVID-19 pandemic is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "List of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:List of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.