|Port of registry:||Singapore|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9408803|
|Class and type:||chemical tanker|
MV Pramoni is a Singapore registered chemical tanker.
The ship was owned by the Indonesian company Berlian Laju Tanker until 2008, when it was bought by the Norwegian company Platou.
The Pramoni was hijacked by Somali pirates on 1 January 2010 in the Gulf of Aden in the International Recommended Transit Corridor and, after payment of a ransom, released along with its crew of 24 on 26 February 2010, during which time it was held at Eyl in Somalia. The pirates were returning from a trip to Yemen, where they had taken illegal migrants.
- Palmer, Andrew (2014). The New Pirates: Modern Global Piracy from Somalia to the South China Sea. I.B.Tauris. p. 140. ISBN 9781848856332. Search this book on
- "Norsk skip kapret av pirater" [Norwegian ship hijacked by pirates]. NRK (in Nowegian). 3 January 2010.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Straziuso, Jason (2 January 2010). "2 Ships Reported Hijacked Off Somali Coast". New York Times. Associated Press. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- Moore, Michael Scott (21 February 2017). "Inside the Deadly Pirate Corridor Where Migrants Escape to Europe". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Rothe, D. L.; Collins, V. E. (2011). "Got a band-aid? Political discourse, militarized responses, and the Somalia pirate". Contemporary Justice Review. 14 (3): 329–343. doi:10.1080/10282580.2011.589669.
- Pirate Trails: Tracking the Illicit Financial Flows from Pirate Activities. World Bank Publications. 2013. p. 68. ISBN 9780821399637. Search this book on
- Napoleoni, Loretta (2016). Merchants of Men: How Jihadists and ISIS Turned Kidnapping and Refugee Trafficking into a Multi-Billion Dollar Business. Seven Stories Press. p. 70. ISBN 9781609807092. Search this book on
|This merchant ship article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "MV Pramoni" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:MV Pramoni. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.