|Directed by||Basu Bhattacharya|
|Produced by||Chitra Katha|
|Written by||Gyandev Agnihotri|
|Music by||Ravindra Jain|
|Edited by||Tanvir Ahmed|
|25 August 1978|
Search Madhu Malti on Amazon.
Madhu Malti (
- REDIRECT Template:Translation sidebar) is a coming-of-age 1978 Hindi film directed by Basu Bhattacharya. Produced by Chitra Katha, the film stars Sachin and Sarika in the title roles. This was Gulshan Grover's film debut. It also marked the singing debut of composer Ravindra Jain, who composed the soundtrack. The film tells the love story of Madhu and Malti, two college students. The film was released on 25 August 1978 and was certified U by the Central Board of Film Certification.
Madhu (Sachin) and Malti (Sarika) are college students, who are assigned by their professor, Anil Sharma, to play the title parts in a college play based on Romeo and Juliet. The two fall in love along the way but are forced to move to a big city to realise their love, as their traditional families oppose to their relationship. The later move to Goa, where a Goan couple looks after them, but soon decide to go back home and confront the situation.
The film's cast included:
- Sachin as Madhu
- Sarika as Malti
- Gulshan Grover
- Dinesh Thakur
- Arvind Deshpande
- Manik Dutt
- Bharat Bhushan
- Sulabha Deshpande
- Parveen Paul
- Abha Dhulia
- Benjamin Gilani
- Prema Narayan
- Jayadev Hattangadi
|"Duniya Se Door Ek Nai Duniya "||Hemlata, Suresh Wadkar|
|"Sagar O More Sagar"||Ravindra Jain|
|"Bachpan Mohe Peechhe Bulaye "||Hemlata|
|"Jo Sirf Khushi Ka Mol Kare "||Mukesh|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2020)
- Gulzar; Nihalani, Govind; Chatterjee, Saibal (2003). Encyclopaedia of Hindi Cinema. Popular Prakashan. p. 532. ISBN 978-81-7991-066-5. Search this book on
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1999). Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema. Routledge. p. 64. ISBN 978-1-135-94325-7. Search this book on
- Ray, Bibekananda (2005). Conscience of The Race. Publications Division Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. p. 63. ISBN 978-81-230-2661-9. Search this book on
- Screen World Publication's 75 Glorious Years of Indian Cinema: Complete Filmography of All Films (silent & Hindi) Produced Between 1913-1988. Screen World Publication. 1988. p. 302. Search this book on
- Mukherjee, Shreya (17 May 2017). "Actors nowadays are kaamchors, they avoid experimenting: Gulshan Grover". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 10 September 2020.
- Arunachalam, Param. BollySwar: 1981 - 1990. Mavrix Infotech Private Limited. p. 84. ISBN 978-81-938482-2-7. Search this book on
- Menon, Sriprakash (28 February 2015). "India's nightingales to ring in leading music director Dr Ravindra Jain's 72nd birthday". DNA India. Retrieved 10 September 2020.
- Indian Films. 1978. p. 231. Search this book on
- "Madhu Malti". The Gazette of India. Government of India Press. 467: 4180–4181. 15 November 1980.
- Kallapur, Malati (20 September 2001). "Drama personified". The Times of India. The Times Group. Retrieved 10 September 2020.
- Madhu Malti on IMDb Search this movie on
- Madhu Malti at the British Film Institute
- Madhu Malti at Bollywood Hungama
This article "Madhu Malti" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Madhu Malti. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.